1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good old fashioned rant.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Feb 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. I was going about my day, on my damn phone as per usual to pass time. Saw an article “60 percent of young men are single” I always see this sort of thing and it does hit me. Im single now as I’m sure many of us here are. As time goes on with our journey. The loneliness creeps in, we do our best to make ourselves beautiful and strong. I can’t speak for anyone else, in my life I do not wish to live it alone. I cannot understand how someone wouldn’t want to pursue love. Either way there is always hope when we are willing to fight. Willing to have something to adhere ourselves to. We all need structure to keep us together. A strong foundation to build upon, we are the ones who can turn the wheel and steer the ship. The strength of the past mixed with modern day tolerance. We do this to find balance in ourselves, men and women must come together. If we stay apart and fighting, we might as well reserve ourselves to the very fate we fight everyday. Stay strong.

BruceWayne123 likes this.
  2. DohnJoe

DohnJoe Fapstronaut

If that is a true statistic, I think I know why. These days so many people are selfish and greedy. In relationships I believe most people truly only care about their own desires. Sure, they may love their partner and care about them, but in the end they do what THEY want to do instead of doing what's best for their partner and their relationship. The divorce rate (at least in America) is the highest its ever been. The 2 highest contributing factors are money (greed) and the lack of commitment or infidelity. Both of which come down to selfish reasons. I think the question of the century is how do we eliminate so much of this selfishness in our world today? Because not too long ago, people would give the shirt off their back for their neighbors. Now? I rarely see it. As a population, we are too caught up in our own desires.

I think another reason is that relationships are relied on by convenience. Men don't seek out worthy women to build a lasting marriage on, but they seek out women who are convenient to them or easy to get. I believe we should be much more intentional on who we decide to date and date out of genuine interest and love instead of convenience and lust.