1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving Advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lee741258963, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Lee741258963

Lee741258963 Fapstronaut

I've been feeling a bit down the last few days and I have posted some quite miserable posts, not sure why, just did.

Afterwards I sometimes read other peoples posts, I find it easier to offer them positive-ish help than on my own, that's so weird

2. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi!

First of you are not alone there. I often have the same mindset. When people got the same problem as I do, I am able to give positive help, but I am still not able to help myself. At least thats what I felt before.

I have now tried to change my mindset on things, and live by this rule:
    "If you can't change a situation, change your mind."

When I struggel with something now, I try to find anything that can be positive about it. Rigth now I have a subject at school that people in my class (and I) really struggel with. It made me feel really sad for myself last week and some of my class mates. But then I started thinking.

If I give up, I have lost by default.

Now I have changed my mind about that problem for example. Since the class are giving me and my class mates a real challenge and some want to give up. Why not grow in different ways? We can learn to support each other, we can learn to get stronger, we can become closer friends (or get new friends) by supporting people in need.

Maybe this was a bad example to your situation?
    But trying to find small things in a big negative thing, can make it easier to move forward, at least for me.

I would recommend looking up "Eric Ho" on youtube. He talks about meditation and Law of Attraction. I myself are not religious and was a huge sceptic towards stuff like this, but it have helped me a lot.

Negative energy attracts negative energy, positive energy attracts positive energy. So by trying to find something positive about a problem, will attract something positive and make the problem easier.

I don't know if I was to any help, but I hope I was :) Good luck!