Getting past the first fortnight

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by judyisapunk, Jan 3, 2023.

1. judyisapunk

judyisapunk Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I haven't done this for a while but I always remember that the first few days are good, the mind feels better, etc, but then by about day 10 or so when testosterone etc go back to baseline I just feel the same way I did prior, and I get the typical "what's the point" thoughts, not so much in relation to PMO, but M in general. Does it get better after the first fortnight? I always hear about the benefits of NoFap but have never felt anything myself bar the few days of t surge.

M_H likes this.
  2. BlackPilledMonk68

BlackPilledMonk68 Fapstronaut

I literally call the first 2 weeks "NoFap Hell"

Like literally everything sucks during the first 2 weeks, ppl are mean, ur luck is shit, ur job is shit, ppl treat u like a creep ur body feels like ass.

After that ur luck and respect start to grow systematically and and by the 2nd month women, children, and puppies will come running towards your energy.

That's why I try telling ppl to take it a week at a time. You're asking what's the point at the cutoff point of Nofap hell lol. The benefits haven't even gotten a chance to compound and REALLY start melting reality as you know it yet. Look into delayed gratification, its a thing in our world

3. Hello there, you need to give it time. Trust the process. Be assured that the phase you are currently in will pass, it is temporary. The reason you are feeling the way you do is because of how your brain works. Don't rely too much on days and streaks, just have patience and things will become better. Life will be worth living. I am also on a mission to reach there because currently I am also going through a train of emotions. That two week mark doesn't apply to everyone because we are all different. For now, consider using your free time being productive. Look after yourself. Have a cardio/strength training schedule and be active with that. If you are eating junk then you will feel low in energy so consider changing your eating habits. Drink more water (be hydrated) because dehydration can cause low brain activity and overall energy. Maybe supplement on vitamins. Sleep earlier and decrease the amount of time you spend on gadgets. You can still find ways to keep yourself busy. All of this will help you deal with this phase you are in.

Kierann, newstart002 and judyisapunk like this.
  4. judyisapunk

judyisapunk Fapstronaut

Thanks for your response. I needed to get my mind right.. my relapses are generally more to do with stress than the actual pleasure, but I guess that's the case for a lot of people.. M is obviously great stress relief.

I had to laugh at your children, and puppies reference.. that makes sense though, so much of our life experience is based on what's going on at the quantum/energy level.

5. BlackPilledMonk68

I'm not even kidding I'm an asocial/anti-social type but if I'm streaking I swear to God everybody just runs up to me and me to be their dad and I'm not really that attractive. Dogs chase me as I run thru the neighborhood.

I've had that too honestly my relapses are from hangovers or if I'm really stressed. Both of which feed into each other.. If your stressed and it's under 2 weeks of a streak, it's just the matrix taking its toll on you. I worked a really shitty manual labor warehouse job and if I came fresh off a relapse I KNEW work would be screwed up because of it. (And it would be) if I was streaking..... Nothing would be broke, everything would be fine, nothing would be brokr , things were easy and smooth. 12 hour day was fine.

It's something really weird but ya freaking 2 weeks is nothing I would consider it breaking even in spiritual sense, once you hit 2 weeks you have another 2 weeks before you start getting glimpses of ur new future and NoFap compound interest really starts getting crazy.

6. judyisapunk

judyisapunk Fapstronaut

Hi, Thank you for your reply.. There's a lot of good information there and certainly there are key things there that I'm trying to focus on... Diet in particular, and also lifestyle.. I feel like my struggles with these things all come from the same place that the M problem stems from.. not that I'm implying M is bad in general, but for myself it became more of a "need" than just the pleasure element... like a dependancy of sorts.

That makes total sense to me.. Our natural state is positive, and positive attracts positive.. It's always interesting when you observe young children (not in a weird way of course), but just in the sense that they are so full of energy and life, and everything is great.. they wake up early every morning full of energy... and then of course we reach teenage/adulthood and a lot changes.. I'm not blaming it all on M of course, there are other things at play.. I myself used alcohol and food as a coping mechanism as well.. but no matter what changes I make in life, M is always a constant.. and I just want to break away from that dependancy.

I definitely don't expect life changing experiences, as in, all ailments gone, but I'm hoping to experience some of the subtle changes that people speak of, particularly in regards to anxiety/overthinking.

Kierann likes this.
  7. BlackPilledMonk68

I'm bad on those topics so I'm just gonna fade into obscurity as God intended for me lol