1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreplay with partner causing flu / running nose a day later (POIS or Withdrawal?)

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by EurekaMoments, Sep 16, 2018.

1. EurekaMoments

EurekaMoments Fapstronaut

Dear Fellow Brothers / Sisters,
    I'm looking for guidance with a weird condition that I'm currently having. A lil background on myself: I'm 28 years old and have been addicted to masturbation (or maybe the dopamine) for probably the past 6-8 years (Probably M almost daily). Masturbation has been a stress-release mechanism for me in helping me sleep & getaway from reality. Healthwise I have low blood platelets (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) which is caused by an autoimmune disorder (white blood cell killing off the platelets)

I have been trying hard to go on a no PMO streak since 3 years back but fail heavily. Fast-forward to the present, I recently got a girlfriend and am trying hard to reboot. I am PMO free for probably 2 weeks now and a few weeks back, I did foreplay with my gf (heavy petting with no intercourse and orgasm).

I've noticed that a day later, my nose would get runny & I would sneeze continuously. I would need to take antihistamine medicine & pop some Vitamin C to stop the sneezing. There's also definitely some fatigue & lethargic feeling as well. Was wondering if anyone have the same symptoms or may advise if this is related to Postorgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) or it's due to withdrawal where the brain get overstimulated from Foreplay causing the sudden rush of dopamine / serotonin, etc?

Note:
    1. The flu effect seems to be immediate right after I orgasm back then with my gf.
    2. Back when I was masturbating daily, there doesn't seem to be a flu like symptom even after O'd. After a period of abstinence (2 weeks), the flu symptoms seems to come out immediately after O'd and will be OK if I continue masturbating daily.

Are there any advice on supplements / medicine cure that may help with this? Appreciate the help!

2. Headache5

Headache5 New Fapstronaut

Did you get any updates on this? I’m struggling with it right now and need help