1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First timer

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Evolving713, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Evolving713

Evolving713 New Fapstronaut

Wassup everybody, first time on this website and actually a little nervous about it but here we go....I have a question, the "rebooting" process, or no "pmo", do you need to stop having actual sex too?

2. DrRobotronic

DrRobotronic Fapstronaut

This is totally up to you, although many Fapstronauts find it helpful to abstain from sex during the first part of their reboot. This can be a few weeks or a few months, depending on how you want to do it.

While sex isn't detrimental to your reboot, there's something know as the chaser effect which will increase you urges to PMO after you have sex. This is something to be cautious of. As well, if you are having sex, it is best to have sex with a regular partner, as seeking out many different women to have sex with early on may feel like PMO to your brain (seeking constant novelty).

My recommendation is if you don't already have a partner, try abstaining from sex for at least two weeks to a month. Then you can try having sex if you can make it this long, but be careful of how it makes you feel and don't let it lead you to relapse.

3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome.

Some people go "hard mode," meaning no sex at all. Others don't. I'm assuming you're not asking a moral question, but a "what works best" question. I suggest you look around for others who have talked about "hard mode" v. "soft mode," and see what they say. I personally think hard mode makes more sense, but that's me.

4. Evolving713

Evolving713 New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the replies

5. Don't worry about being nervous. Hang out on here, ask questions and read what people have to say. All the best man!