1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First milestone reached = 30 days!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by AllGoodThings2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. AllGoodThings2

AllGoodThings2 Fapstronaut

I am a 32 year old man, and for the first time since I was 12 years old I have gone 30 days without PMO.

I always thought that PMO was normal for a single guy to do (not ideal, but normal). And I didn't know of all the problems it caused until recently. Happy to start this journey and drop this habit like a rock! Never again will I (P or M)... only O with a wife some day :)

So I started because of an internet challenge I came across called NOBNOM (30 day challenge for no booze, no masturbation) and it mentioned all the positive benefits, like being more productive and focused at work. I have a really busy work year with goals I want to get done, so I started my "nofap" journey from that... and they had a link to this forum.

The first couple weeks were hard, but then I had a 21 day streak, and I felt so much better I decided to get serious, and even joined this forum with the current counter I have (30 days now).

My two bits of advice from this so far to new folks starting like me...

1) I was scared at first to stop PMO, and believed that it would progressively get harder to abstain. It was difficult to go 5 days at first, so the idea of going 30 days or more seemed impossible. However, I think the first week or so was the most difficult so far... It actually got easier for me, and the cravings aren't as bad. So don't think that your body/mind only gets hornier each day you abstain because that isn't true. Your body and mind actually want to return to a normal, healthier, natural lifestyle and it doesn't involve P. That is my experience so far anyways.

2) Everyone wants to know the "benefits"... and by far the one that stands out for me, and the one that is priceless, is freedom from shame! For the first time in my life I feel like I do not have any skeletons in my closet, or browsing history to clear, or anything to hide from anyone. The happiness and confidence this gives me is more than words can say.

Thanks to this great community, it is really helpful and encouraging to read about similar stories and struggles... and keep up the good work folks.

Nothing is more important to me in life right now then the idea of being whole. Being 100% complete. Being pure. Everyday I feel like my eyes are becoming a little more brighter, and my heart is feeling a little more deeply. Started this journey to be more productive at work, and realize more and more each day that this is the biggest life changing event for me. P has caused so much harm that I didn't even know, and now I want my life and time back. And I'm going to fight with all my might from this day forward.

2. tbird

tbird Fapstronaut

It is a great feeling, and congrats to you! Hopefully other new fapstronauts will read this and be inspired.

Zeeshaan and AllGoodThings2 like this.
  3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

bro! I am so excited for you! I can remember the first time I was 30 days in! And then i crashed and it was like 2-3 years before I did nofap for 30 days! This PMO addiction is not something one can get rid of that easily! If you were able to successfully do it without failing, then I guess you aren't really addicted.

Because for most people here, its a struggle which goes on for decades, we rise, we fall and we rise again.....some make progress, some get worse, but there is always hope, even for the worst of the worst, thats the power of Human will!!!

Glad that you were able to get rid of this PMO disease! Godspeed!

4. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

5. Apache_Helicopter

Apache_Helicopter New Fapstronaut

Hey dude, you felt any improvement in your memory & concentration? The main reason I'm taking NOFaP challenge is to improve my memory & focus, I believe masturbation affected my memory & concentration &I always feel irritated, so did u feel any significant improvement in These things yet?

6. SuperiorMan95

SuperiorMan95 Fapstronaut

Hey man, first of all great job! Especially since you've been doing it for so long.

Second of all, I agree about one of the main benefits being freedom from shame AKA a boost in dignity which directly impacts how you interact with yourself and the world. A lot of the PMO content out there is very theoretical. I have difficulty finding empirical evidence about the matter. But one thing I highly suspect that it does is a) mess with your reward circuitry and sex drive in negative ways and b) messes with your sense of self-dignity. It is much more masculine to drop PMO and instead have real encounters with beautiful women.

Lastly, yes, when you stop living in your little masturbatory world of addiction, you open yourself up to a beautiful world full of beautiful people and things. Keep feeling into the world and opening your heart!

7. I’m on day 7 of 40... How were things intimately with your wife before & how are they now?

8. alorpothe

alorpothe New Fapstronaut

Great Bro. Carry on