1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding and KEEPING a relationship is so hard

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by BobDobbs, Apr 7, 2016.

1. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Fapstronaut

I got married at 29, to the 5th woman I had ever slept with. When my wife and I split up, I slept with 4 women in just about a month. Since then I have averaged about 5 women a year.

I'm really tired of spending energy chasing after infrequent sex/affection though. Only about a quarter of the women I've slept with were one night stands. The rest were women I was actually interested in, though most of those relationships did not last very long.

So in addition to giving up PMO, I am reevaluating my relationship patterns. My longest relationship was just over 2 years, and she was terribly abusive to me for the second half. I have had 4 major, life altering heartbreaks in my life, and TWO of them were within the past year.

Back around December, when I was trying (and failing hard) to get over the most recent girl I loved, I went on a LOT of first dates, and they were pretty much all terrible. No chemistry. Just going through the motions. Even though I think I might have been compatible with a couple of them. But maybe not, it's hard to judge.

So I thought I should take a big break from even TRYING to date at all. Just get used to being alone. I've done it before. I once went 2 and a half years without even a kiss. But... I've met three women recently that I'm interested in. They all have their pros and cons as to which one I think I should focus on.

Dating is hard. Finding people, trying to impress them, connecting with them, being unsure of how much they like you, still trying to keep up that good impression, figuring out what each other wants, trying to keep it exciting... just the idea of it all is exhausting, but it seems so easy for some people.

2. diamondboi

diamondboi Banned

Reality my friend. I go through this all the time once I start dating again.

Most women you meet won't lead to anything along the road.

it sucks, but that's how the dice rolls. Men are chasers, and women are choosers.

3. wanabefree

wanabefree Fapstronaut

Men don't have to be chasers as long as men got something to be chased after for :D

Let women be the chasers :p

4. diamondboi

diamondboi Banned

Sounds good on paper, but that almost certainly never is the case in most instances of encounters.

wanabefree likes this.
  5. wanabefree

wanabefree Fapstronaut

It would be a refreshing change though if the roles were reversed ;)

But ya I know what you mean

6. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

The way you can be chased is if you appear exceptionally attractive to a group of woman who you treat relatively equally.

I hooked up with so many girls when i was single. Not from club or bar outings either, just being polite, energetic and flirtatious with every girl i met.

I can't speak for older guys, i'm only twenty three. I'll acknowledge it has been getting harder with age.

7. diamondboi

diamondboi Banned

Hey dude, I'm no different but that doesn't change the role of still chasing, and having women on other hand qualify you as a potential mate.

Lol at harder with age? dude i'm 25 and it only getting better. You must be comparing the college/university and high school days to picking up if i'm correct, lot's of house parties and such. I actually think think 25-30 is the pinnacle for most men as far as picking up women is concerned. it's the perfect balance between being older and tailoring to most women of young, and older brackets and also looking your best. 18-25 year old chicks are so easy for me to pick up. A lot of the cling fast when they find a guy who's relatively young has a career, house, and everything in his favor. This is my experience, a lot of young chicks between 18-25 like dating older guys when they get the chance, because like mentioned usually have their own pad to chill, car et cetera

I can't speak for everyone, but I have a very young looking face... good skin, structure and features which always put me in a bind between getting jobs and women. The older I get, I guess contributing to the rugged factor the more attention I have been getting from again young women, and older women.

8. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

I think the key is to go for someone who you honestly enjoy spending time with. Someone who makes you laugh and you make them laugh.
    I'm with my best friend. We adore every minute together. He's a quirky dude and I can be controlling. I've realized this and with him I just let him be him.
    We both accept the flaws and embrace them.
    Sex in the beginning was amazing then PMO took center stage. Even when our sex life was faltering we still were best friends.
    Now that he's 100+ days no PMO we have the whole package.
    What I've learned over the years. Trust that gut feeling. You can't begin dating someone and have doubts they are right for you. When the right person comes along you know it. Don't waste time in a dead end relationship. Move on.
    There is someone out there for you. I believe it.