1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings... nothing more than feelings...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Runtilmylegsdropoff, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Let's talk about feelings. How did we get to this point in modern society where everything is primarily about "my feelings"? I'm sure we've all seen those Wojak memes about "muh feels". Discuss.

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Feelings have always been used in society and politics, as pathos is only one avenue of persuasion.

3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I am very fortunate to have grown up in the era before political correctness. Feelings were never given the main emphasis. I was taught that the real world is a cruel place.

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

When you can get one major side triggered over simple facts, and the other major side triggered over their support of forced patriotism, you know you're in a place with extreme politics based on feelings.

Knighthawk likes this.
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

PC culture is going to be the death of us all.

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

PC's only one side of extremist politics. Extremism in general spells doom.

SolitaryScribe likes this.
  7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I don't believe that forced patriotism is a thing. There's no one getting physically beaten down for not being some super patriot.

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

You have a president who's calling people SOB's and suggesting firings for "not respecting" a flag. A flag that supposedly stands for liberty. Being pressured to respect a flag apparently representing freedom is ironic.

Not to mention that holding the flag flat like they do at sporting events is actually against the US flag code.

9. SolitaryScribe

I'm not sure of the details of this story, however the way I see it, if the person is employed with the government than he should be fired if he disrespects the flag. If he's doesn't, than no one has that right to fire him except for his employer.

I stand for liberty, and if someone wants to burn a flag, that's their own prerogative. That being said, there are consequences for certain actions.

Runtilmylegsdropoff and MLMVSS like this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Government employees it'll make sense, but this was Trump on American football players when they were protesting. Something not connected to the government. The Right wanted the football players to get out of politics and play, yet mostly supported Trump on that call. My position is, if players can't have a voice in politics on a public stage, then why is the president allowed to have a voice in sports on a public stage?

This is why I don't follow American politics all too, at least not their domestic stuff. Both sides want their own little authoritative government in their own way while constantly bickering at each other. As I have more neoliberal views, it's something I don't support.

11. SolitaryScribe

I feel like the principle of "separation of church and state" should not only apply to religious institutions. I say that principle needs to apply for corporations and entertainment... really any factions of society where there is no need for government presence or rather political presence.

Knighthawk and MLMVSS like this.
  12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Definitely agree. Hollywood definitely needs to calm down also with their leftist, separating rhetoric.

13. SolitaryScribe

Amen!

Runtilmylegsdropoff and MLMVSS like this.
  14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I think it boils down to whether you are a Pepe or a Wojak.