Feeling like shit

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by S.A.D., Sep 7, 2017.

1. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Fapstronaut

I woke up today feeling good and happy about life on NoFap and all the things that its helped me in. My mom told me to pick up my sister from her first day of school today. I went in confident at first but then my social anxiety started to kick in. I started to "fidget". I couldnt just stand and wait but always had to do something with my hands. I felt awkward and self-concious but that wasnt the worst part. When more and more people flooded the playground i started to feel dissy and disconnected from my environment. I couldnt stop it. I felt like Shit when i came back home. I didnt even feel like talking to my sister about her day and stuff becuase of the disconection from society. When I came back home I just wanted to PMO to get rid of the enormous stress and depression. But i didnt which im proud about but i still feel like shit. I know NoFap isnt the cure to Social Anxiety but what is? Can i stop this? I dont know how school is going to be for me when I start this monday

Euphorios, noonoon and avatarivn like this.
  2. pranav02

pranav02 Fapstronaut

3. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Fapstronaut

4. Pmo is in the past

Pmo is in the past Fapstronaut

You must stop caring about what other people think.The moment you feel you can mind your own business and ignore everyone else.You will feel more relaxed.

5. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Fapstronaut

No offence to your reply, but i just cant. I've tried not giving two shits about other people opinions but the anxiety would just come back. I dont know why it happens.

WesternWolf and pranav02 like this.
  6. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I absolutely hate waiting too. What helps me is reminding myself of the task even if it's a boring task... 'Never mind how many people are around.. I am doing my task and they are doing there's...we don't need to worry too much what we think of each other.'
    Does everyone speak English in Somalia? Yours is very very good : )

7. Im just like you :) My advice - if you feel uncomfortable go away from the crowd(say its a phone call or smth). You are the most important. FUck others. What you feel is what matters so if you feel bad just stop doing it. People will follow you ..

8. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. Im british but my parents are from somalia which explains the username :)

9. I have social anxiety too. For me is a series of thoughts. Thought after thought. For example if I'm in a place with lots of people and start feel awkward, I'd think "They're going to know I look anxious, and if they know I look anxious, they'll think that something is wrong with me, and after that I'll feel more anxious and look weird, and if I look weird no one would like to talk to me" and so on. My advice: if that's the case for you too, just don't give in to those thoughts. Nothing will happen, you're completely fine.

S.A.D. and pranav02 like this.
  10. I'm sorry you suffer from society anxiety, I don't fidget, but I kind of hyperventilate around big crowds and I'm also self-conscious about it. I'm currently on anxiety and depression medication + Nofap but I still keep getting stressed. I hope your days are better.

11. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Some of this anxiety can be attributed to "getting sober". Cut off from our coping mechanism, we can panic. Stay strong!

There are techniques for dealing with anxiety - i like breathing techniques. There are great apps out there for meditative breathing techniques. Particularly effective is taking in a deep breath, holding it, and letting it out. Repeat.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  12. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Fapstronaut

Do the medication work as everyone says they do? I've anti-depressants makes you feel no emotions

13. SpyWare

SpyWare Fapstronaut

you trick yourself with anti-depressants. this is not the solution. if you are relying on such a thing the relationship with your mind ceases.

pranav02 likes this.
  14. It's different for everyone, for me it started to work and now it works on and off. I'd prefer to keep it going though, doctors keep asking me questions and they've changed the type of medication I get. It doesn't "trick" you if you are indeed chemically imbalanced and yes it isn't the main solution but it can help you be more stable on the road to success in anything.

15. Would you please elaborate on that? I am not some sort of zoned out zombie thinking life is okey dokey. The doctors have run labs on me and they said I was deficient in some things so they prescribed medicine, which led me to start eating healthier. As I said before each person isn't the same, maybe for you you consider the relationship with the mind to cease but others like myself find that it helps them just manage to will to get out of bed.

16. There is no problem in who you are, the problem is who you think you are.
    And as Einstein once said: "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
    Social anxiety = overthinking. But knowing it only on the intellectual level is not enough. You must be aware of it (when you are outside for example).
    I have social anxiety too, but I am not fighting it. There is so much you can learn from it. And step by step, when you have learned enough things at some point, it will (gradually) disappear - not because antidepressants, psychologist, therapist - NATURALLY. And that´s what is important .. not when, but how. You need to observe it, listen to it. Do not make your enemy from it. Then you can learn.

Btw. everything I wrote above is for nothing, if a person is not practising it in daily life.

SpyWare likes this.