Feeling like a ghost

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Feb 6, 2023.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I've been rejected and ghosted enough on dating apps to where I never attempt to ask anyone out in real life. I don't want to deal with rejection anymore. I try to wait for someone to find me, but no one ever makes themselves known.

No one is willing to help me, so I think this is how it's going to be for the rest of my life.

2. franks Roland

franks Roland Fapstronaut

I am also in pain. I lost my testicles now. I am worse than a dog. In the eyes of my family, I am also a waste. At least you still have testicles, don’t you?

3. TheLoneWolf88

If I've never gotten laid, I might as well not have them

4. I am sure you guys have a lots of good qualities as well and there are people around you who is missing you dearly. Do not hesitate to reach out and talk with them. About anything really. Movies, AI, the sky, Bob Ross...
    Anything about your interests.

What are those?

lonerdxddy likes this.
  5. Man, you know what the deal is with women. They are going to kick you around and treat you like crap for a while.

Let them do that and keep trying. Stick to women IRL.

Just smile, have good posture, and keep the convo all about them. It's all about them, don't you get that?

Listen to me. Don't take this thing personally. It's a game. It doesn't mean anything.

As soon as you can totally let go and stop giving a crap, it's going to happen, bro.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  6. TheLoneWolf88

I've given up actively looking for relationships and I feel I've lost all hope of ever getting laid.

I understand no one would want me when my head is an absolute mess

7. I mean, my friend, you can give up if you want to. But don't give up because you think you can't win, because that isn't true. Only give up if you decide that you don't want the end result, or the costs to achieve it.

8. TheLoneWolf88

My friends say that's the best thing to do. I've dealt with so much heartache over the years, so giving up actively searching and just living my life might be a better idea. The issue is, I've waited 10 years since the disaster of my previous relationship. I was still trying here and there, but no responses. Now I'm just backing off entitrely. I gave up all dating apps as well

9. Hey @hairypalmsyndrome, it sounds like you're really hurting. Loneliness is tough man, and meeting women can be challenging. But don't give up. I don't know all the answers on this one, but I think self-love is big. People who love themselves are happy, and people who are happy are attractive. But even more than that, being happy is its own reward. So seek happiness apart from women, and I think you'll do well. That's just my thought, I'm no expert with girls, it's just my hunch.

10. pz15298

pz15298 Fapstronaut

I was in the same situation. Though I never really used dating apps much, but got a couple painful rejections irl and frustrated with the fact that girls seemed to ignore me/treat me differently than other guys.

I decided to learn about dating and work hard to turn my life around. It wasn't easy, took me about 3-4 years to arrive at a stage where I get my life sorted out and am happy with my dating life.

Dating wise I started with reading Mark Manson's model, but most importantly joining the pickup community and doing daygame. Fuck dating apps. A whole different world opens up once you start approaching girls.

To turn your dating life around is very possible but won't be easy. You need discipline and at least a few months of very hard grind. PM or use the forum and @me if you need some guidance on where to start and have specific question, but mostly it's going to rely on how hard you're willing to work.

Unica Semper Avis likes this.
  11. Hi there! Here is my take on the same problem as yours. I have my whole life been lonely, and did for a long time like you, wonder about the future. Now, instead of wondering too much about the future, what you should do is focus on self improvement. My take on it is that, I am open to anything really, I am positive, but I am not fx. desperately seeking a relationship or anything. I live each day, in the now, living in the PRESENT, because, living in the now, instead of the future, or the past, really is a present in itself. Positive manifestation will eventually leed to success in the end I believe :)

Buddhabro2.0 and salvacion_a_888 like this.