1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed up with trying..

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Really honestly trying to loos weight but nothings happening..

Still up and going up.. I think it's because of covid fucking up my immune system. I know this is the monkey mind set but when you try this much and don't succeed or feel any difference, it's a loss. Unless I fast for three days and starve myself.

2. Zlz123

Zlz123 Fapstronaut

Liquid diet for three days to get started… fruit & vegetables smoothies only for three days… expell all that toxic waste. After 3 days the rest is on you. Try Noom.

TrueSaiyan2.0 likes this.
  3. I heard all you have to do is eat less calories than you burn. So in theory, you could still eat pizza, ice cream, doughnuts, burgers, etc and still lose weight - as long as you're burning more calories than you eat. Just keep track of how much calories you're eating, and exercise enough to burn it off. I'm not saying that this is a good long term mind set, but it's better to keep things simple while you're still a beginner.

TrueSaiyan2.0 likes this.

4. Getting back into my regular lifting routine today, I'll be sore but hopefully it will help aid in the process. Yes your right it's just hard to control the portions for me lately.

Gina3111 likes this.
  5. It's a little more complicated than that.

When people eat processed foods, foods high in unnatural chemicals that the body doesn't know what to do with, the liver gets the responsibility for breaking those chemicals down. When the diet provides more of these chemicals than the liver can reasonably keep up with, the body is forced to go to Plan B with them--stuff them in a fat cell for storage until they can be dealt with later. That "later" probably doesn't happen until one loses weight and forces these toxins out of the fat cells and back into the bloodstream--which is why many people feel miserable while losing weight.

Among those "foods" that must go to the liver are things like hydrogenated fats/oils, partially hydrogenated fats/oils, chemical preservatives, food colorings, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavorings, binding agents, etc. The list of chemicals can get quite lengthy in modern processed foods. If in doubt, take a look at the label for some Dewberry cookies. It's basically "fake food." And your body doesn't convert fake food into real food very well, if at all. But it can still add it to your weight and let you carry it around for awhile.

The best regimen for normalizing one's weight will include each of the following elements.

1. Exercise. This is probably the single most important factor. Exercise will regulate the appetite so that one wants to eat what is needful, not more, not less. Many who do not exercise find it easy to overeat before the body thinks it is satisfied. Exercise will initially reduce the appetite, then later increase it when the exercise, being continued, demands.

2. Regularity in eating times. One should eat two or three times a day, with nothing at all between meals. Meals should be spaced at least four hours apart, with five or six being better.

3. Breakfast. Eating breakfast consistently is important to prevent overeating at later times during the day when the body attempts to make up for the missed meal, and this one habit alone will reduce the risk of diabetes by about 30%. It will help one not to eat too much in the evening, which in turn allows the stomach, and the whole body, to rest better at night.

4. Eating wholesome, natural foods. Fruits and vegetables should take the place of meats in the diet, with their fiber giving the body multiple advantages, including reduced risk of colon cancer, an upgraded bacterial gut fauna, reduced constipation, vitamins and minerals, and reduced protein and fat intake--which translates into fewer calories. If one chooses to eat meat, having a meal of it less often than once a week does very little to increase the risks normally associated with meat-eating.

5. Avoid starvation diets. Diets that do not provide adequate calories probably lack adequate nutrition as well. Furthermore, when the body thinks it's starving, it will be extra prepared to pack away some of the calories it receives later on, and this added storage sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? One should always leave the table slightly (but not uncomfortably) hungry. Aim to satisfy about 80% or so of your appetite. This will allow the stomach acids to be appropriately matched to the food burden placed upon the stomach, providing for good digestion.

6. Drink water before meals, but not for the first hour after. This has to do with not wanting to dilute the stomach acids, making them weak and ineffective. This habit will help prevent GERD, heartburn, and similar disorders for which many people counter-productively take an antacid (comfort measures, but not healthful).

Carefully following these guidelines will have a high chance of success for anyone aspiring to manage his or her body weight.

6. I have never had to fight this particular battle. I hope you succeed.

7. I used to be 100 lbs overweight and I lost it. I used to be a certified personal trainer, but I let it lapse since I don't work in fitness right now.

The way I did it was easy. Quit sugar, eat less than 1,000 calories a day, workout one hour a day. Eat only savory foods. No snacking between meals. The only exception is to eat an apple a day for micronutrients. Ben Franklin told me that...

Just that easy. I suggest splitting up the workout with some cardio, weights and/or Yoga. The more variety you can add in, the faster you will lose weight because the body adapts slower, which makes it work harder and thus burn more calories.

But with weights, you mentioned weights, that is a powerful way to keep weight off, and it chisels you out, for aesthetics.

So my suggestion is to do 20 minutes of cardio and build it up to 40, and fill out the rest of the time with weights.

Gina3111 likes this.
  8. Blessedby TheMostHigh

Blessedby TheMostHigh Fapstronaut

You are the first person I've seen that understands how toxins effect the liver and therefore can cause weight gain. May I ask where you got this information?

Also, these toxins come from many other non-food products. Things you would never even think of, like cologne/perfume, conventional deodorants, hair products, laundry detergent, fluoridated toothpaste and so on. It's best to find more natural alternatives for these things or don't use them at all (like cologne, completely unnecessary). Water filter is important too.

GodsDaughter and Gina3111 like this.
  9. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

U neee good diet and workout. And no eating beetween. Its not that hard you can do it.

Gina3111 likes this.
  10. Hi, I'm currently looking to loose weight too. I've had a lot of success with the regime this doctor recommends:

Summary:

Eat only one meal or at most two meals a day to simulate how our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate
    Cut out sugar completely
    Limit refined wheat products
    Cut out vegetable seed oils (such as canola oil, sunflower seed oil, corn oil) completely

Gina3111 likes this.
  11. Love :emoji_heartpulse: your name! And also good message!

12. I didn't realize this understanding was so rare, but I grew up among doctors and I'm a certified biology teacher. Animals of many species deal with toxins in a similar manner. Insects, which don't have a liver like we do, will stuff the toxins into a fat vacuole to keep them from affecting the rest of their organs. As they have no way of actually breaking the toxins down, however, once that fat vacuole has reached capacity they are unable to sequester additional toxins and they die.

I agree that toxins come in many other forms as well. Your understanding of fluoridated toothpaste is rather rare, judging by the toothpaste market. I'm on your side on that one, too, but in that case partly supported by my welding experience. The harder a metal becomes, as by heating and then water quenching it (tempering), the more brittle it becomes. Suppose that fluoride actually does make one's teeth harder--how will it help that the next time one bites down hard on that rock in the beans or rice, the tooth chips? Fluorine is a poison; but the ignorance of people who just accept, hook line and sinker, the say-so of the fluoride marketers is more poisonous still.

13. Blessedby TheMostHigh

Blessedby TheMostHigh Fapstronaut

Very interesting about the insects method of storing toxins. I did not know that.

Regarding fluoride, the stuff they use in toothpaste and dump in our water is actually an aluminum byproduct. It’s completely neurotoxic, and I’m pretty sure on the back of toothpaste it says to call poison control if you swallow it. Its one of those doctrines that will never stop unless someone can pull off a massive lawsuit.

I can go on for days about the toxic exposure we face on a daily basis, most not having a clue they’re being slowly poisoned. Fragrance is a big one, all things artificially scented are pretty much guaranteed to be toxic petroleum based products, coating our delicate lungs. Stay far away from air “fresheners” of all kinds, scented candles, etc.