1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite Quotes thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jm22, Jan 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Jm22

Jm22 Fapstronaut

Can we get a thread for your current favourite quotes going?
    I'll start with:

“Endure your troubles. Bear up and be the man I expect you to be.”

- 'Beowulf'

And

"Come back with your shield - or on it" (Plutarch, Mor. 241)

InformalPermit8701 likes this.
  2. PrinceDaniel

PrinceDaniel Fapstronaut

“The crowning experience of all, for the homecoming man, is the wonderful feeling that, after all he has suffered, there is nothing he need fear anymore—except his God.” ― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

Jm22 likes this.
  3. InformalPermit8701

InformalPermit8701 Fapstronaut

I have pages of quotes that I would love to share, but for now I'll leave you with only 3.

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible---- and achieve it, generation after generation." -Pearl S. Buck

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." -T. E. Lawrence

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt