1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting effects on libido and retention

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Itsuki, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Itsuki

Itsuki Temporarily Suspended

I saw somewhere that fasting can help if you're dealing with really difficult urges and transmute the energy elswhere. Anyone experienced this?

2. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

I’ve never fasted longer than until dinner time, but it for sure made it so I have no urges

3. Gabriel Knight 2.0

Gabriel Knight 2.0 Fapstronaut

Yes, it helps. I did 2 day fasts the urges were gone.

Don80 likes this.
  4. Itsuki

Did you abstain from water and food or just food? What did you do?

Gabriel Knight 2.0 likes this.
  5. Gabriel Knight 2.0

Gabriel Knight 2.0 Fapstronaut

During the fast, haven't eaten anything, i took water, 1 coffee, and vitamins.

Itsuki likes this.
  6. k_ten

k_ten New Fapstronaut

food and water are the basic urges . control them and you tame your mind to control other urges

7. Itsuki

fasting for a long time makes you smell like piss and poo, btw

8. kenshin81

kenshin81 Fapstronaut

You know, food and water are the "basic" urges that makes you live, unless you want to die.
    Anorexic girls who don't eat loses their monthly cycle as well, but I won't try that way and risk to damage a body just to loose some "sexual urges".

9. k_ten

k_ten New Fapstronaut

You seem to be having an extreme perspective. Control does not mean to stop eating . Control is to eat right food, to eat the right amount and not to over indulge . There is a concept of intermittent fasting which is scientifically proven . If one cares one can do research . And once in the path you can understand your own urges for food and water . It’s no rocket science and should not be feared … just research