1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast food is poison

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Leanmaxxing, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Pretty much. Everyone is going to blame the chemical makeup of foods to “prove” they’re what make people fat but it all comes down to energy expenditure. If you injest more calories than you’re using then you have a surplus of calories, which will result in weight gain. If you do the opposite then you have a deficit and will experience weight loss. It’s important though to note that weight loss can be water weight, fat, or lean body mass.

All of this is a long winded way of me saying junk food doesn’t necessarily make someone fat, it’s the amount of calories that make you fat. Since most fattening foods are calorically dense, it’s easy to over consume them thus resulting in weight gain.

People though, despite sound logic, still think calories in vs calories out isn’t the culprit; despite there being no evidence of an obese prisoner in a concentration camps.

2. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I used to be obese and what helped me lose weight was counting calories. What counting calories did was help me plan my meals better and avoid certain foods that were making me put on weight. One thing I did was have fruit, nuts and yogurt for lunch instead of a sandwich. Another thing that helped was cutting back on chocolates and biscuits. Having fast food now and again is ok but it becomes a problem when you have it every day. I got obese not by eating fast food but by eating too many chocolates and biscuits as well as eating late at night and not eating enough fruit.

Must say in my country McDonald's has gotten really cheap. It's 89p for a burger and making a sandwich will cost around £2 or £3. I find eating healthy is more expensive.

Wolves of Wisdom likes this.
  3. Jancasibr

Jancasibr New Fapstronaut

I get where you're coming from. It's true that fast food can be quite addictive and is often associated with unhealthy ingredients. It's concerning to see the number of people flocking to these drive-thrus, causing traffic jams. However, it's important to remember that not all fast food is created equal. While some fast food options may not be the healthiest choice, there are alternatives out there. Many food companies, like this natural foods company, strive to provide healthier options using natural ingredients. They prioritize quality and nutrition, offering alternatives to processed and unhealthy fast food options.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  4. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Lol, it be like that during dinner time. America has fast food super-centers where all the fast food restaurant chains are next to each other and they all have drive thrus that line up out to the streets when it’s busy.

5. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

Sometimes Goyslop is so good.

Leanmaxxing likes this.
  6. Lmfao.

7. Fast food is poison and life is a sexually transmitted disease!

I’m edgy!

PS. I’m also hungry.

8. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

What I ate today:

Water
    Gum
    Chicken, rice and peppers
    Chick fil a sandwich, fries and diet coke
    A can of Twisted Tea

9. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

My favorite goy slop fried chicken is Popeyes.

GrittyRunning likes this.
  10. RaymondBrown

RaymondBrown Fapstronaut

Hey, I get where you're coming from. Fast food can be seriously tempting, and it's true that some of it isn't the healthiest choice out there. It's created to taste good, no doubt, but it's essential to balance it with healthier options and regular exercise.

I've had those moments too, where you drive by and see those long lines at the drive-thru. It's kinda wild how popular fast food joints are.

But hey, when I'm craving something yummy, I often go on the hunt for an irish breakfast near me. It's my guilty pleasure, and it's all about finding that perfect spot for a hearty meal.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  11. Yeah a lot of those places have that greasy feeling afterwards yet I've still gone back too many times. It's just a quick way to say, "I don't want to shop for groceries." In my mind at least.

12. milanamiss

milanamiss Fapstronaut