1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

family problems

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Hello friends. I have a narcissistic family. They constantly tell me about my failures. They say I can't be of any use and can't achieve anything. Normally I don't care, but when my family says this, it wears me out a lot. They usually throw these things in my face when we argue. I told them that I could work at Burger King and earn money without needing them. but they laughed at it. I started working and I am also a student. They seriously oppress people there so much. That's why I decided to leave Burger King and they keep throwing it in my face. Yes, I care because my family says so. I will take the university exam in June next year. If I get good grades, I will get rid of them and study in another city. But if I get a bad grade, I will have to study for another year. What they say comes to my mind while I'm studying and I can't focus. How do I get out of this situation?

2. My wife had dealt with a narcissistic mother most of her teenage and adult life; she dropped out of high school and she just realized a year ago that her mother was wrong about my wife.

You can turn that energy into motivation to prove them wrong. You're an adult, you have own life's journey ahead of you. I understand the commandment to honor your parents, but there has to be a limit, and I believe that is it there. My wife found the best thing she can do is just drop contact with her mother.

zadxmq likes this.