1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyday I repeat the same mistakes without fail.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Leanmaxxing, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

It seems like I am an expert at being an addict. Because I lie to myself everyday and give in to temptations so easily. Everyday I convince myself that I will smoke, fap or eat fast food for the last time and tomorrow I will be clean. But it never happens the next day. Instead, I repeat the same mistakes and lie to myself that it’s the last time and end up where the same the next day. Einstein said that repeating the same thing and expecting different results is called insanity. And he’s right, this definitely feels like insanity…

I_always_try_again likes this.
  2. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

You’re right. I appreciate your optimism.

3. user32106

user32106 Fapstronaut

I did the same thing for a very long time (embarrassing long). The thing that helped me was knowing how long it would be until the extreme urges would subside. The feelings are the most unbearable during the first three days. I've found this to apply to most addictions. If you become stalwart about surpassing that nefarious three day mark, that is the biggest bridge to cross.

4. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Today marks almost 14 days of NoFap and no weed. Things change if you actually commit to it. Good shit bro. Keep it up. I believe in myself.

I was probably stuck in a fixed mindset when I made this post.