ESCAPISM and CROSS ADDICTION

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GREGOR hulse, Sep 2, 2018.

1. GREGOR hulse

GREGOR hulse Fapstronaut

How can I avoid escapism and cross addiction ? I explored this stuff while I was reading Nofap starter guide.
    I wanna eliminate this escapism. To fully use my sexual energy, which leaks away thus.

I noticed that I read something f.e. and I don´t have such a pleasure of it is it escapism ? Or I watch film and I suspect that I should do something else, but I have and urge to watch it.
    How can I find and eliminate cross addiction and escapism.
    Is iscapism to listen songs when I am angry, because I want to relax me somehow (Do I want instant gratification ?)

2. Escapism? Easy! Set rules! :) And they depend on you - if you really want to rock it hard say no TV, no useless PC activity, no ... When you set these rules, keep to them. If you find yourself doing something as an escape - block it in the rules! - and don't forget to reward yourself.

And cross-addiction is the result of not solving addiction right. Let's say that you were lacking social interaction and it was replaced by PMO. You removed PMO and moved to games (addiction) that again fills lacking social interaction. I promise you that when you start working on areas PMO filled, areas that aren't working in your life - no cross addiction will happen. Addictions are filaments. If you repair a hole, there is no need for filaments.

Then you can call meditation form of escapism. The main goal is to solve emotions and not let them get over you, but if it helps you to get over anger in a short time, why not **** use it? Escapism would be if you break your rules / spend free time mindlessly.

You don't - it does a lot of bad stuff. So you can train yourself. Personally, if I want something that will make me feel good I start timer 15 minutes - just to postpone it. You can do whatever you want yourself :)

good luck, have fun

WARRIORMAN and nef like this.
  3. Mr south

Mr south Fapstronaut

Hey, gregor. Im going through the same issue. I safe now from sex addiction (Have stopped to count days, alaready) but wasting time on not productive internet activities. The thing is that after days from abstaining from this new addiction i start to feel my mind heavy and solid as a rock...dont know what to do: after two weeks of wasting my night time after work and weekends im desperate and fell terrible. What have you found? Does tomsko advice is really a practiceable one?

4. Escapism is somewhat easy to avoid in its more obvious forms but there are many more insidious forms of escapism that are hard to understand at first glimpse. You may do far more to attempt to escape reality than you are currently aware of.

Feelings cannot be “solved”, but can be understood. Feelings come from needs - what are your personal needs and values? By learning about your core values and needs you can learn how to align your actions with those values and needs.

It is at that time that escapism becomes less tempting because there is no longer a need to try to run away from reality. Good luck

5. Be present and have awareness, you will notice resistance and escapism behavior or urges