Dorian Gray’s Library challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dorian Gray, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

Hello everyone!

For the past few days I have just scraped by in the nofap challenge and ultimately failed my first attempt to 10 days, but I am back on the wagon and somewhat going strong. I figured I would 1 up myself by learning new skills from my ebook library and updating the thread daily. I have challenged myself with the task of learning new skills that will push me forward to becoming the type of person I always wanted to be, someone well rounded in practical applications for life from such skills as cooking, Gardening, expanding my art skills, and gaining more muscle mass. and all around health, learning more about computers and hopefully make a game and a few ebooks of my own then near the end see if i can make a business out of such skills I have learned. This is just a rough idea ultimately but I have about 1000+ ebooks on all different categories and each one will be put into practice as of today.

Today I will be learning "How to cook"

2. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

Some of the easiest dishes to cook are Asian-inspired stir fry dishes. You can use many different flavors and ingredients. All you really need is a wok, and they're actually pretty inexpensive. Other than that, you have vitually endless possibilities and options to choose from.

An easy recipe - Orange beef with brocolli:

1lb cut up beef strips
    1/2 package of brocolli and carrots
    1 bottle of Iron Chef Orange flavored stir fry sauce
    2 tablespoons of canola oil
    1 package of microwavable rice. (White rice is pretty much the standard, but I use brown rice)

Have all of your ingredients at arm's length, and start by heating the two tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan. Once the pan is hot, add the beef and stir fry for 3 minutes until the meat is brown. Add the brocolli and carrots and cook for another 2-3 minutes. With the sauce, you can add however much of it you like. I usually add half the bottle, but it's up to you. Let the sauce come up to a boil, while you're waiting, nuke the rice. Once the sauce is boiling, toss (or stir) the meat and veggies so that it's nice and evenly coated. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside. Plate the rice, and then put the meat and veggies on top. If you have sesame seeds, sprinkle some on top for garnish.

There you go, SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION.

Good luck on learning how to cook. It'll quickly become something that can help you in many areas of your life. Chicks dig a guy that can cook. Plus food is something that seems to bring people together.

3. ^^Future Guitar God... there's something about microwavable rice I can't stand. It tastes like all the nutrients have been bleached out. I much prefer cooked rice... having a rice cooker is best because you're guaranteed not the burn the rice. But if you don't eat a lot of rice, having a rice cooker would hardly be economical.

Gardening is a joy I think everyone should experience. There's just something about planting seeds, watching them mature into adults, and then eating their produce that is immensely satisfying.

4. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I've got a super awesome recipe for what we call in the UK 'Nando's style chicken' not popeye's chicken but I have a recipe for that, I'll dig it out.

Nice contribution futureguitargod.

5. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

Excellent idea Dorian, i really like the idea of learning new skills and reading but im somewhat dissapointed because i thought this would be something like a reading club or something, since i became an avid science fiction reader as of late

6. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

this could be a reading club, like I said this is a rough idea.