1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dopamine Detox Challenge 3 days ( to forever) .

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by CiaphasCain, Jul 15, 2021.

1. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

A persons mental state can have effect on all aspects of their life and the high amount of dopamine that we all pump in our brains through actions like too much social media browsing definitely has a large negative impact on us.

So, i am creating this challenge, in which the main goal will be to detox dopamine from your brain, that is reduce the amount of dopamine you are pumping in or change the cause of the dopamine from bad sources to good sources ( example, instead of getting dopamine from watching netflix all day, get it from meeting your friends, or doing sport).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Kairose and garmenclyde like this.
  2. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

My challenge to myself is -
    1. Completely cut the amount of time spent on mindlessly browsing the internet, whether it be youtube , reddit or imgur. Completely cut it out.
    2. No day dreaming.

Instead use the time saved to exercise, take walks , read books. And meditate.

DAY 0/1.

Kairose likes this.
  3. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

Already messed it up, watched a movie and then two hours of internet browsing. So, gonna count today as day 0 instead.

4. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

This challenge is not going great, i am failing left right and center. But you lose when you stop fighting, and so i will continue to fight, Tomorrow i will try to do better than today. Slow and steady.

5. hi there is forever also good?

CiaphasCain likes this.
  6. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

Yes, absolutely. I just set the start to 3 days , because i wanted to set a smaller target to begin with.

7. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

New day today. Gonna stay clean the entire day.

8. CiaphasCain

CiaphasCain Fapstronaut

Till now, i have not had success on a single day. But you lose when you give up, so i will do better tomorrow. My prodductivity has definitely increased, but still complete detox is what i want.

9. Three days is good! I'll think about it ...

10. Lloyddy

Lloyddy Fapstronaut