1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't use your Christianity as a crutch!

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. VenomV

VenomV Fapstronaut

Excuses are the crutches for the uncommitted, and I have noticed one of the biggest failures in the Christian community of nofap to be this. "I have to do this because the Bible says so and I'm supposed too"

You will not survive nofap with this as your motivation. Some people use christianity as a Crutch, claiming grace covers their lazy apathy. They will not gain freedom. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.(2 Corinthians 3:17) You have to covet the presence of God as the most valuable thing in your life ever to be attained. When true passion for the presence of God is had, Every evil thing that would violate that presence brings a distraught genuine repentance.

Some of the best advice I have found on NoFap has been by people who aren't even Christians. Simply because, they are doing NoFap because they want it, not because they are supposed to. (Im by no means saying all Christian NoFap users fall under this. But I have seen a few) You must have a passion for Holiness, Perfecting it in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1)

Consecration and a love for God, brings about the power that is loosed into the life of man, which causes us to come out from among the world and be separate. The most encouraging thing for me being on NoFap is to see people who aren't even Christians gain freedom from PMO. How much more should we as Christians with the life and power of God within us, live and walk in holiness before Him. The power of God, and the anointing of God will break the yoke of bondage. But only if your heart is in it.

But as long as all you do about nofap is cry to God about how hard it is. You will make no progress. You have to make. a decision in your heart. "Jesus said he overcame the world, So with his power I will overcome" and then take practical steps to overcome, learn what other people do, Utilize this website for everything that its worth, and work your plan of action, and be backed by the power and anointing of God.

Let this be an encouragement to you! to not use your Christianity as a excuse to sin and get away with it, and lightly regard PMO. Grace is Gods empowerment to live Holy. So have this passion of Holiness burning in you, to overcome the world Just as He has overcome. God bless you guys! be encouraged, and filled with fresh power from heaven to overcome in Jesus name!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. seraphim64

seraphim64 Fapstronaut

3. Colin75

Colin75 Fapstronaut

Thanks Venom. I personally feel deeply ashamed, and a disgrace to the Lord, to be honest, in being adddicted to MO. But im determined to make up for these wasted years of mine. God bless you, and everyone,Colin.