1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't download dating apps!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SparkySub, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Even if you are good looking and all of that. Avoid all of them. Hit on girls in real life. Much more natural. Tinder etc is full of triggers as well. In my personal opinion most girls on Tinder isn't even that pretty and usually have issues.

2. I can agree with this quote. Most woman I am getting likes from are not attractive at all recently. I signed up twice this past month and the same Woman liked me, she resembles a clown with all her make up. All of my photo's are pretty normal and I have one with a group of my friends. I'd say I am a 7/10 guy, no six pack due to health issues lately, chiseled jaw line. But honestly its like the more attractive ones don't even bother with you or READ YOUR MESSAGES. Unless you have that "dad bod, money, own apartment shindig."

Like you my friend I am having the same problem. Especially going into that Dead convo zone. Unfortunately my confidence and self esteem isn't where it was 10 years ago when I could talk to them no problem. Even at my job I just assume most are taken. Because I've tried and I get the boyfriend/husband 4rth barrier slip in convo.. Last person I talked to I wasn't even trying to do anything, but just be a nice guy.. It's also a pet peeve when gals say "I want to date someone taller over 6.0".. I roll my eyes honestly.

To mention I've been using Facebook Date and its local. Half of the girls have kids which is not really a turn on for me. I see most of them having "big breasts", which just makes me think they got loose with the guy they were dating/with before. I've just noticed it from time to time brotha.

I've been online dating for quite a while, got into maybe 2 relationships and they didn't end well either. I've stopped now because it's worse then doing cams or etc. It shouldn't cost $30 USD to find a match. Especially on Tinder, Zoosk, Cupid. Those sites will steal your money away.

Mike1986 likes this.
  3. TheGreatTiger

TheGreatTiger Fapstronaut

We both struggle with the dating, but you're beating me on the chizzled jaw.

How'd you get yours? Gum Chewing? Jawzrsize type tool? Strong Mewing? Sub 12% body fat? Or just natural?

But yah. When I tried bumble in my area it was a lot of overweight women with kids. I got the impression that the women who ate healthy and took care of themselves had a lot of attention. They kind of get God like status in life by putting in the smallest amount of effort so the only option for most of us regular healthy guys, it seems is to date women who don't care at all about their health. Along with us getting old, I also expect it to get worse in the future for men.

My working theory is that when women have this many options and the resources that this society can provide them, that evolution compels them to their optimal mating strategy for this environment which is to all mate with and have children with best looking men/man in their area and stay single. But also to put no serious effort in because it's not required to mate with that top 0.1%. I do think many of them will also have male friends (which you see them walking around with), which they use for protection and company, where those men falsely assume they'll eventually get a relationship out of it.

Hypergamy and women only choosing the top men is something that should be taught in biology class in school, and I feel like Hollywood and movies program us to believe something different about love and romance that really creates cognitive dissonance, confidence issues, and a lot of struggles and confusion for men as we get older, become lonely and learn how things really are.

Futureself likes this.
  4. Yeah, I'm pretty bad at dating apps apparently. I have a lot more luck in real life. On dating apps girls can't hear the confidence in your voice or see the way you hold yourself. Whenever I send out a few messages I feel like I'm lost in a sea of men giving that girl attention. In the end when you don't get that text back, you feel like dog shit or that you did something wrong. It's not that, it's just that she's talking to probably 10+ men, so I rarely bother. If you just approach a girl in real life just give a little smile and be polite or whatever your mojo is

Futureself likes this.
  5. This is what I get mostly on Facebook. I'm getting tired of it a bit honestly. I believe what you are saying o the health and fitness ladies. I've seen allot of fit couples in retail and the guys are always taller and in shape, most likely with a six pack, facial hair like brad pit or johnn depp. All of the attractive woman will be takin right off the bat, Of course it won't pass put on a dating site and be left alone. Don't even get me started on taller African American guys.. Woman really don't have to do twice as much work as a man has to do to get in a relationship. If they are single, they have occupations or a certain life style they want to maintain.

TheGreatTiger and ResetButton like this.
  6. Well on the other hand, they can hear the confidence if they are even brave enough for a video chat. I've asked a few times and I always get the same answer, "it's to early" or they are "too busy". I asked someone I've been talking to for over a month for her Facebook page so we could message easier and it's always send me to snapchat. It's like I know damn well you have a facebook page and I'm doing the best thing in opening myself up to you, unless you have something your hiding.

ResetButton likes this.
  7. Girls be on some other sh#t lol