Does anyone speak something else then english ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Alpha Romeo, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

I was just wondering if I was alone or not. I personnaly speak english and french and am interested in the russian language.

2. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

I apeak a little bit of russian and german apart from english, would be easier for you to transition to some latin based language, rather than russian.

3. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

I know I wanted the challenge though if I wanted an easy language I would've picked up spanish/italian or norvegian/german.

4. fapequalsdeath

Haha, it's the opposite for me since my language is closer to Russian and I can understand like 80% of what is being said but have trouble expressing myself since I don't have a rich vocabulary. My strategy to learning a new language is to learn the 10,000 most used words in it, have a sentence made with the word and the grammatical rule (if applicable). And getting a good russian-russian dictionary, with good definitions. Reading/watching news for official speech, and podcast/shows where everyday speech is used. And of course if you have some native speaker, it's the best I try to have chats with people in fps games :)

Alpha Romeo likes this.
  5. fapequalsdeath

Ow yeah, Duolingo is nice also, if you have 0 knowledge of the language. LingQ is nice also(I've heard) but is paid. But honestly, I don't see the point in paying, since there is so much free content out there.

Alpha Romeo and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I never did pick up a second language. It's hard enough as it is to understand people speaking english. The older I get the more I think we all speak a different language even if we use the same words.

SirErnest and Alpha Romeo like this.
  7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

It is the same with me and Italian I never picked it up but I noticed that I could actually understand most of it with my knowledge of french. It was quite weird in fact at some point I was with an italian dude and I would speak to him in french and he would answer in Italian and we would both understand each other.

8. Celibi

Celibi Fapstronaut

The same situation here. When I apllied for a job in a call-center I had to learn the basic italian in 2 weeks. It was also very weird for me to learn the grammar and vocabulary so fast. I was surprised that I could understand so many words.

Deleted Account and Alpha Romeo like this.
  9. nerd_lean

nerd_lean Fapstronaut

Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese

Alpha Romeo likes this.
  10. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

I speak Arabic, English and Turkish.

I’ve tried learning Spanish in high school, it went good but then I stopped and pretty much forgot everything.
    I’ve also tried learning other languages but I’d just get bored and stop (especially French! I couldn’t get the hang of it).

On a side note, there is a group here for language learners if you’re interested.

11. Abay

Abay New Fapstronaut

[QUOTE = "Alpha Romeo، post: 1880421، member: 214051"] كنت أتساءل فقط لو كنت وحدي أم لا. أنا شخصيتي أتحدث الإنجليزية والفرنسية وأنا مهتم باللغة الروسية. [/ QUOTE]
    هل من الممكن ان اتعلم منك الفرنسي

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

不是的.

GigglingTrout and u376 like this.
  13. Google Translate thinks this is a valid string in Chinese, Korean and Japanese

MLMVSS and Alpha Romeo like this.
  14. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

Why is your name X in morse code ?

15. Because I'm an X-rayed member of X-men working for Xi Jinping, playing Xbox, coding in XML while staying away from XXX movies.

16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

17. I speak galician, spanish and english. Also, I started studying french a while ago, I just know the basics.

Deleted Account and Alpha Romeo like this.
  18. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Fapstronaut

Interesting, I have never heard of it before I knew the galicia region (I think thats what its called ) didn't know it was a language though

19. Native English speaker, but I speak Spanish pretty well too. My written Spanish sucks though.