1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you update yourself ? ( In Life I mean )

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, May 11, 2022.

1. Do you update yourself ?

I've bought a few books recently about certain Topics, And I went by Reading a Book every Two weeks, Studying these Books on a certain Topic and Field and trying to become to think like the writters, wow I can't describe the level of knowledge I'm starting to learn seriously...

I think that we can Update ourselves if we give time to learning new knowledge, and top of them all is learning Extremely High Valuable Skills from Experts, Your Mind kind of Explode - Tur ing that into a Habit anf you'll become Deadly.

I think that people living in English Speaking Countries have a greater chance to improve themselves and become the greatest versions of themselves. Sadlly, It's not the case for other countries especially were I live, We never been thought to share our Skills / Knowlegde with others, It's not in our culture. Everybody is trying to evade competition, thinking that if you share that knowlegde or skill somebody will come up and elimnate you.

What do you guys think ?
    And No offense, Why aren't you seeking personal update ( Knowledge and Skill ) ?

Thanks for reading.

2. MementoMori22

MementoMori22 Fapstronaut

Yes, absolutely. It is incredibly powerful the knowledge available to one who seeks it and applies it. Books tend to be a step up from other sources of advice (like social media content) in terms of quality and detail (tend to in the sense that the quality of E-books is more patchy.)

When it comes to building skills, books can show you a path, but you must walk it. You must synthesise the knowledge into your own mental representation through practice and interpretation.

To actually walk the path the most valuable asset is getting a coach that can point out your weak points/mistakes and how to correct them.

If you're interested in how to maximise your skills I recommend a book called Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise by Robert Pool and Anders Ericsson. They outline in exact detail how humans become experts in skills in the most efficient and optimal way.

I'm curious about what you say about English-speakers having an advantage when it comes to collaborating and sharing knowledge. What language do you speak? I've heard a Spanish friend of mine say something very similar before—that Spanish has a more confrontational & dismissive leaning that can make these kinds of activities much more difficult.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  3. Yeah, It's true.
    my mother tongue is Arabic,Although I'm not an Arab, I'm an Amazighian ( The original people of North Africa living there for centuries) - From Morocco, I'm proud being a Moroccan.

Sadlly, We don't have that sharing skills / knowledge mentality.

4. Just bought the book with 6.99$ - I think it's worth it! :) Thanks - Have you got some other book ?