1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you know any good books on motivation?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Don80, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I believe PMO or nofap is to a great extent about motivation. Do you know any books on motivation? How to make life motivating the way addictions (PMO, gaming, sugar) are? Should we pursue our goals by altering our ways? Is this why addictions work - there's some novelty, choice, curiosity involved in them?

2. It's been a while since I've read them, but I really like "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins and "Finish" by Jon Acuff. I also used to listen to Tom Bilyeu's Impact Theory interviews.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  3. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I've read this one. A great book, inspirational but I wouldn't put my body to such extremes. I'll check the other one.

Did you know that Goggins wrote another book? But I haven't read it yet. Thanks for the tips. I'd like some theory that can be applied in practice. Some long-term strategies.

4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

A book that gave me motivation is 'Crazy Love' by Francis Chan. Brother Chan has a deep care for those who are not christians. It inspired me to be a better christian.

Don80 likes this.