1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do women punch up all the time?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Nerevar, May 15, 2023.

1. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

There is this idea that "women punch up", basically women want to date men who are: hotter, make more money, are more capable than them, are superior to them in every way. While men punch down because women in their league already punch up, and women out of their league, there's no question about it.

But how true is this really? I can certainly see the case 70 years ago when a woman had no job. She basically had to punch up because that was all the things she had. But today when women basically make as much as men, have a job, have a car, have a self-sufficient life. Isn't it the case that they can afford not to punch up anymore due to financial independence?

Women are normal people, just like men, and they will generally date around their area.

There is this idea in the manosphere that you have 20x time harder to get women 5x lower than you and stuff like that, but is it really the case?

I've seen random guys getting with random women with not much looks difference between them.

So the idea with the punch up is terribly false, women don't punch up all the time.

But that's just my opinion anyway.

I saw a guy and he really punched up and it worked for him. So yeah, punching up works apparently.

Because women, don't have these "out of the blue" tastes in men.

They don't have all these bullet points that you have to be clearly better than them and superior to them in so many ways for them to even consider to be with you.

They just have normal tastes in men, they just want a normal guy, just like them.

If you are similar level of attractiveness (or you are less attractive), all that matters is getting along, having a good time with each other, and so on.

So the idea with the punch up is terribly false, women don't punch up all the time.

Thoughts? what do you think, do women punch up all the time?

If you look on the street, you see people with a general level of attractiveness.

They are pretty much there both of them, in a similar level of attractiveness. Sometimes with the man even lower.

You just have to have a normal approach, get a discussion with them, and get to know them, no macho man and all that stuff.

Make your interest clear yes (otherwise it's the path to friendzone) but don't make a big deal out of it, you're just interested in her and are talking to her, getting to know her.

Simply talking to them like another human being that you're interested getting a date out of. The same way you would talk with your boss or neighbour minus the date.

They are pretty much there both the man and the woman. You don't see 10/10 guys with 7/10, 6/10 woman and then 10/10 women being single because no man that can satisfy their 15/10 needs exist.

2. The way they pair up is based on level of attraction they feel towards each other. Also, the only way one can bridge the gap of descending 'worth' of a female is if they guy himself slacks, or forces attraction towards his partner who will eventually see a drop in physical appeal as she ages.

Whatever you said holds true for average male and female pairing.

As with the job, make money, independence thing. These are qualities of a male that make him attractive to the opposite sex. Having these qualities will although make her self-reliant, as with the dating goes. The only type of men she will attract is beta males. Beta males are incapable of domination, they have low Testesterone levels, and emulate feminine qualiteis.

3. No, this would never work. If it did, then he made it work. Such a pairing would see the female wearing the pants and this guy must be emulating a feminine role in the relationship. He will never know what being in a masuline role in a ltr/marriage feels like.

Doing this is wrong too. it makes simp of guys. pairing up with someone who is higher in relative value makes a pathetic simp of men.

KevinesKay and JustinX like this.
  4. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

5. This mindset is toxic for you and for others. Because it will never be enough. You can exercise, dress well, and strive to improve, but do it because it's good for you, to take care of yourself. Of course, a guy who has no goals and still lives with his mother will most of the time not be able to have relationships. But that's normal since this guy isn't independent.

I've known guys who have lost themselves in the constant pursuit of self-improvement. They didn't even know who they were anymore. They became some kind of pick-up artist stereotypes. All this to seduce as many women as possible. Having women will bring you nothing in life apart from pleasure. No, you won't feel better.
    I've slept with over 30 women in 5 years and today I think that I could have just as well not done it, it wouldn't have changed anything. However, yes, I take care of myself every day because I think it's important. Is there a link between having women and taking care of oneself? Maybe, but the best mindset you can have is to not care about all that and live your life as YOU see fit, not as your ego sees fit.

Learn to know yourself and then you can seek a relationship with a woman who fully accepts you as you are, including your flaws.

FormerLeatherneck likes this.
  6. FormerLeatherneck

Don't be a Hamster on a wheel with modern women guys. Thats called Simping. Do self improvement for you not for the primary goal of getting a woman.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  7. Honestly, if you are simping for a chic, that tells one thing loud and clear. You cannot afford that female, yet you want her. Your value is not sufficient to match that of the female. Basically, females play leverage with their physical attractiveness. So, if you don't have things going for you, and you form desires for this female, you are going to subject yourself to massive aggravation.

So Don't go simping, have some self respect. This is why learning to walk away is one crucial aspect that you have to have. Just fkknn walk away. This that not going right.. walk away. Demanding too much this that... walk away. for any small reason your answer should be to just walk the fuck away!

The day you catch feelings for that one chic, you are basically done. Your power to walk away is gone. And you don't catch feeling for just anybody. It's either she's higher in market value than you, or you match her in terms of relative value.

8. Value doesn't exist. All of this is just something guys made up, maybe because they are too hard on themselves and they still don't know what makes healthy and fulfilling relationships. Guys who talk about value in relationships are always the ones with an inferiority or superiority complex, feeling obligated to improve themselves and wait for a woman who is 'good enough' for them. That's called narcissism. With this perspective, it's impossible to have cool relationships, whether it's friendships or romantic relationships.

I've met many guys like that, who place a lot of importance on attitude, style, and value. All this alpha male stuff and not giving too much to women, and leaving to avoid rejection. It hasn't brought me anything, just frustration and that feeling of never being enough. These guys often claim to have self-confidence, but in the end, they are the ones with the least confidence, constantly fighting against others but mostly against themselves.

Guys, if you want to have relationships, start by distinguishing between what's good and what's not in relationships. What's healthy and what's not. That's a beginning.

9. Maybe people should stop putting over emphasis on 'emotional fulfillment' and start prioritizing other external things in life. Where are you in terms of your career? How close are you to financial freedom? Do you still work a shitty job or you don't have one even?

Most guys will undoubtedly choose to party first, knowingly or unknowingly, and look to settle down later and live a quiet life.

KevinesKay likes this.
  10. We dont exit to avoid rejection, we leave because we have options.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  11. yeah you are the king of oil. One woman more or less doesn't matter. Don't expect women to give you love or attention with this narcissistic spirit!

12. Do you think you can make it last yourself? Do you believe spending decades with one individual, grinding a routine day in and out would make things like 'love n attention' last. Most relationships/marriages see a turning point in about 6-7 years. Most of them out there are together because they need to be, not because they likely want to be. Keeping mutual attraction alive takes work, you should know that. Unless you are forever on the rollercoaster to find the perfect 'love', sooner or later, the initial attraction that people get hooked on does not last forever. This is why females are said to be delusional, because they tend to see everything through the lens of their 'heart', their feelings, etc. Ofcourse, they tend to be rationally supreme when it comes to mate selection, esp for long term game. I find that really interesting!

13. I have never spoken about marriage. My main point is about value (Nerevar's post) and how guys think that value (money, power, style, etc.) will attract women, which is completely false.
    A woman won't sleep with you just because you think you have value. Value doesn't exist except in your mind. Same as self confidence. These things are overrated. A woman will want to go further with you simply because you provide her with a good time and positive emotions, that's it.
    And who would want a woman who is having sex with you for your status? If one day you feel down, she will leave because you have lost your "value." You base your relationships on a sandcastle.

I have had dozens of relationships in my life; I can approach women in the street and I have a pretty good profile on tinder, yet I don't care about all that. I have already experienced relationships based on sex and having many "options." It brings nothing but pleasure and the illusion that you're a king while no one cares. Plus you have sex but the next day it's over. You're still alone in your life seeking "options" forever. While women don't care about all that. Women can always have ten times more sex than you if they want, and yet most of them are already above all of this because they seek more than just sex, since they can have sex whenever they want.

I think most men are unable to have relationships since they're completely lost and frustrated about their romantic life. It's time to grow..

14. So? You think you the only one with this "secret" knowledge? with the balls to approach women on streets? Boss, I have deadlines to meet and this is the last post I'm engaging with you.

15. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

My point is that all these things that are generally advertised in the manosphere are not exactly true.

Not all of them, true, work out 100% better, get more wealthy 100% better, be more disciplined 100% better, work in spite of how you feel 100% better, and so on. But the idea specifically that women only punch up with hotter and more attractive guys is the one I disagree with.

Because I've seen the opposite in real life. I've seen women ending up with less attractive guys who hit on them. For the mere fact that he hit on them.

And this is not a one night stand thing, but hit on them for a relationship. You can still punch up as a man, get hooked with more attractive. He really punched up and it worked for him. So yeah, punching up works apparently.

16. FormerLeatherneck

If Men had the same type of punching up sexual strategy as women, Men would only date women that are no heavier than 130 lbs max with a size 6 dress and perfect hour glass figure.