1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Disturbing nightmares

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, May 13, 2020.

1. Last night I had the scariest nightmare. It was like a horror movie. I am minding my own business when a girl approaches me. Looks normal at first but then her jaw drops open in a mechanical way. Her eyes starts blinking and she makes loud alarm sounds while handing me a bomb.

2. Its quite often. I had another one where I was chasing a goat into a swamp. It was screaming as it made a deeper and deeper hole. Its facial expressions was unnatural. Then a door appeared in the middle of the swamp and it swung open. It was some staircase far down. I could here footsteps from far under. Pure fear was emanating from the door. The steps got louder and louder until I woke up right before this beast reached the opening.

3. Then another one where some spirit was sitting next to my bed all night. I wasnt sure if that was even a dream. It was scary even after I woke up and it looked like it was still there. I was a mess the next day.

4. Then several dreams where I just get jump scared by some ugly ass face and stay up the rest of the night with all lights on. If I turn my lights off I start hallucinating.

5. Eek, man. This sounds awful. You need Jesus.

I used to have some pretty horrible nightmares. It really plagued me for quite some time. I'm convinced it was a spiritual thing. Once I reached out to friends for prayer, and I started praying every night, even sometimes during the day I would pray over my bed and my bedroom for Jesus to cast out any evil spirits that were trying to harm me.

After a little while, the nightmares stopped. Haven't had any since, and that was like almost a year ago. No nightmares, no sleep paralysis, no lucid dreams.

I know it sounds kind of wacky, but there are certain things that invite demonic spirits, and one of them is lucid dreaming, astral projection, stuff like that. I used to do lucid dreaming, so I'm wondering now if that's why that was happening to me. I'm not sure, but I'm just grateful to Jesus for setting me free once again.

Here's an interesting video about all this. Melissa has quite a few videos about this kind of stuff, so it would be worth checking out if you are struggling with this. I know a lot of people will say what I'm saying sounds dumb, but it's happened to so many people, and if Jesus can help, then why not reach out to him? It can't hurt.

The whole video is good, but starting at 18:50 is where he talks directly about some of his demonic encounters through astral projection.

6. I'd recommend watching the full story to see if you relate to it at all, but if you want to just get down to the application and what you need to do, that part is at around 35:40.

What he did to rid himself and his home of these evils is exactly what I did, before I had even seen this video, and it worked for me as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2020
  7. @Castielle what is meant by "spiritual warfare"?
    Thanks!

8. Oh, good question. It's basically the concept of good fighting vs evil, angels vs demons. Any kind of spiritual battle. Demons tempting you and you fighting back against that temptation could fall under the umbrella of "spiritual warfare." But in this guy's case, it's more of an extreme example.

9. It was!
    It's much better to have these cruel visions as dreams as having them as hallucinations during the day, isn't it?

Have you tried to fight these demons in your dreams? For example you can be brave and look at them directly. You can shout at them, punch them (fight the pillow!). You could make fun of them or you could ask them what they want from.
    Make up your mind before the night about what you want to do when a demon appears. And don't give up!

10. Shrek Ogre

Shrek Ogre Fapstronaut

There's a lot of videos that about Sigmund Freud's interpretation of dreams. You can refer to that and see wy your mind keeps thinking about these thoughts on a subconscious level.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  11. I read the entire book actually :) It was 600+ pages. I used to be pretty interested in it but havent paid them too much attention lately.

12. Sounds like it’s a demonic dream, goats are very symbolic in satanism and the door and the presence sound evil. All your dreams do honestly, I know quite a few people tormented in their dreams and usually they are involved in occultism in some form.

13. I dont know. I think it is probably more connected to how I feel about myself and my life situation. The dreams are subconscious expressions trying to tell me that everything is going to hell.

My hallucinations are similar. More like flashbacks. The other day I had a vivid picture of my Dad drowning this summer so im second guessing my fishing trip with him. It was probably just my vivid imagination but who knows.. I remember not to long ago that I was expecting a car accident. The car right in front of me ran over a person. But I guess I have to be right sometimes when I always think of the worst possible scenario all the time.

14. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Lol, No offence @NF SINCE BIRTH this is like a typical Horror Movie.
    Such kinds of dreams are common and we have them becoz we see such movies.
    If you ask people who live in the jungle then will say that the sun disappeared or something eerie related to nature.
    Don’t worry its just a product of our conditioning due to movies.

15. thinking_differently

Yes this helps a lot man!
    I have fought countless such beasts/ terrorists with rods and stuff.

16. yeah me too lol
    oh and to look at haunting creatures is sometimes enough. How do they look like? What are they even? How do they react? Adhere to the logic of the dream (being haunted, running away, having fear) instead challenge it, change it!

thinking_differently likes this.
  17. Stupid nightmares. Its 4.40 am now and I have important stuff to do tomorrow but this bullshit is keeping me awake again. :( Woke up because I heard a large bang next to my bed. There stood a creepy woman. Couldnt move my arm. It was paralyzed. She wasnt even there. I told her to go away and that she is only in my head. She replies: yes. Dont you like it here? Then she says some weird stuff " Can you hear the horse whisper and crows chatter? Then she screamed and vanished. Fml. I got a hearth attack.

18. I woke up with my bed full of snakes once. One of them bit me and out of the wound crawled hundreds of tiny insects. I kinda touched them to throw them out of my bed but everything about them was creepy. They dissappeared by themselves but was replaced by a talking corpse under my bed. It was singing the most horrible song in a high pitch robotic voice.

19. thinking_differently

I think you have watched many horror movies in past.Perhaps your brain didn’t take it well. Such scenes are shown in movies, and you know, our brain is revising our memories in dreams.
    Perhaps you’re having sleep paralysis, nothing bad, just really scary in the moment...

20. I love nightmares, not gonna lie.