1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] "Use it or lose it?"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BjornTMV, Dec 15, 2017.

1. BjornTMV

BjornTMV Fapstronaut

I was doing some research and I came across a statement made by Dr. Kimball Johnson, MD, who is a board-certified diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine. She stated that "You may stop wanting sex if you go a long time without it. This is partially because ”turning off" helps you avoid feelings of sexual frustration. Having more frequent sex can actually keep you interested in sex."

Based on her statement, and other conclusions of studies I've been reading up on, for us who are on this NoFap kick and removing even sex from the equation, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think that if you remove sex for long enough you become so desensitized from it that you no longer want it in general?

In my personal experience, I don't think I would ever pass on sex, no matter how long I went, but for some, they just might. I was just curious and wanted to start a discussion.

2. BrowneyedBri

BrowneyedBri Fapstronaut

I wouldn't mind either way
    If the opportunity is there
    Sure
    If it's not
    I'll live
    Not really a must
    But just occasions

3. There was a story that a monk had that went something like...

Monk: Abbot when will I no longer be tempted to break the 6th commandment?
    Abbot: When you're 6ft underground, my son.

4. Just

Just Fapstronaut

I am a no PM guy, I have had 2 O's during this 61 day journey. I do not buy into Dr. Kimball's statement and would be curious to see the full article. Care to share a link?