1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did/do you like growing up?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Quiver, Dec 6, 2016.

Did/do you like growing up?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

Please vote and explain your answer. I'm just curious

2. I liked it because, it made me realize how good my life is in comparison to others, I realized that my addiction was not good for me and the people around me and it was not good for my development ( part of growing up is that you become more mature) and I'm just happy I had and have a family to care of me and love me.

Quiver likes this.
  3. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

I was going to click no, but that would mean that I am immature and want to go back to being a child. I used to measure myself to see how tall I was, I just wanted to get bigger.

Now I am a big of a grown up man, with beard and everything, and there is no beggar I don't envy just for not being me. (but back to the question)

My childhood was playing games most of the time and I enjoyed it a lot! Good times, playing until dawn on weekends, going to school, teasing my friends. Really good times. One of the best moments was when I got two new games for my console, I just found it too amazing to have two games instead of one, and I ripped a big grin of my parents when I said "you are the best parents in the world".

I would spend time nervous, expecting that weekly 1 dollar my mom gave me to rent a game for the weekend (the store is long closed not, but I'll never forget that place).

That was it. My childhood.

Quiver likes this.
  4. Quiver

Sounds like fun!

5. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

My childhood was great till 8 years old. we'd go on bicycle rides in the morning. play cricket till late afternoon. then in the evening again we'd play catch me if you can and hide and seek.

we then shifted in another neighborhood after i turned 8 and this neighborhood sucks. we have a bigger house but the people arent much friendly than earlier place. too much politics. also my dad soon passed after me moved here so that further worsened house atmosphere.

earlier place was a heaven.

Frühlingstimme likes this.
  6. Quiver

I'd love to raise my son (one day) after reading your stories

7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

My childhood was OK. I was / am spoiled!

Frühlingstimme likes this.
  8. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Maybe in terms of height ahah
    I'm below average ..

Seriously, I don't want to grow up maybe bacause Im still immature.
    I don't want to think about bigger responsibilities and such.

I don't want it but I am trying toacceptit .
    I'm no longer a student and a kid.

I may want stay being a boy
    However, i need to man up.

9. Frühlingstimme

I like this thread so, bumping it.

song related specially to @Kennen

Kennen likes this.
  10. IGY

IGY Guest

I voted no, @Quiver. I remember almost nothing from it until the age of 12. I have seen pictures of myself, my parents and two brothers from that period and it is strange because I feel no emotional connection to the people and the place. But we moved when I was 12, I started High School. My memories of the house, school and everything else are detailed. :confused: I was abused as a child by my father, :( so that might have something to do with the years of scant recollection. Who knows? o_O

Quiver likes this.
  11. YellowDiamond

YellowDiamond Fapstronaut

When I was a kid I always said to myself I can't wait till I'm 25. I guess I was never comfortable in my skin.

12. Frühlingstimme

such a hard history @IGY. I'm glad you overcame all this and is now this wonderful man.

13. peraaclom

peraaclom Fapstronaut

Yes I did...

My friends at high school always told me, jokingly as often as not, that I was already 40 years old, but I didn't see anything wrong with what I was and I enjoyed myself...
    Now I'm 39, and I still do...:D

Quiver likes this.