1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Developing the habit "instantly focus the task and execute on fast paste" possible?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Steve Sancteria, May 17, 2017.

1. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

So I´ve been checking my current position, my habits, my latest success and how things are going and I´ve noticed, when ever I have to do something, let´s say cooking, cleaning up stuff, doing research on the web etc. I really do it "slowly" to be honest, I always did things slowly since I´ve been born.

I think, it´s totally ok to give yourself time for personal important things, in my case producing music as well as moments of relaxation, such as meditation or just simply chilling around.

However, I find myself wasting so much time with "not so important things" and actually executing them not as focused and properly as I actually am able to do so.

On the other hand, I can remember 1 week where I´ve been super motivated and I did execute tasks in university in an instant, without thinking too much about nonsense with full focus and engagement.

So my question is, is it possible to develop the habit to do things with more speed as well as more focus without thinking about aspects that don´t matter anyways?
    Do you guys know some tipps and tricks how to develop focus as well as improving the willpower to do things faster?

I appreciate anything that you know about this issue :D

2. Aarius

Aarius Fapstronaut

A friend of mine in the Marines as mentioned that that's one thing civilians should learn to lead productive lives. I imagine when you're threatened by your drill sergeant and peers that it's easy to move quickly.

I used to work as a bus boy and would get into the zone and execute task quickly when it would get busy. I've noticed that when I'm forced by my environment I can hustle but on my own I too am very slow and relaxed.

I don't really have an answer but at least I can share how it works for me:)

3. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

Well, I´ve been doing some research and figured out that eliminating distractions, giving a task a certain time and during the time you focus the task, after that you take a break and then do something else as well as meditation help to stay focus.

However I think you have to learn to be aware of what you are doing first...like during work you can do your work and think about something else or be aware about your work and thanks to that focus the task.

I am just searching for some exercises that enhance your focus, such as meditation...I´m wondering if Tetris could do the trick