1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Delete your account and never come back on this forum!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Alcatel1312, Mar 14, 2023.

1. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

The fellow didn't even delete his account, and this is months later :emoji_joy:
    But looking at it he had a huge break, 6 months and then a couple posts months apart. I get it. One can leave a tool in the shed and take it out when it's needed.

I think his advise can apply for some, but for me personally, I stopped coming here for a while and went down the drain. I am on my best streak in over half a year, and I attribute that to using this site as a place for a daily journal. The slight publicity of it makes me feel accountable, and the community makes me feel as if I am not crazy for refusing the cool-aid that society seems to be drinking without moderation. Also, I've managed to get to a couple of SAA meetings in the time.

For many, the best way to get rid of this habit is community. Specifically community with other people who have or do struggle with the same problem and are also trying to figure out how to live a better life without it. This site is a place for that community that is readily accessible. For some that can take you from addiction to freedom, for others, it's just their introduction to recovery.

I wish recovery was a simple formula and one size fits all. Then we could all just remind each other that the way out is "that-a-way", but it seems that many of the men I've seen get to the major milestones(over a year) used different tools to get there. Some more common than others. I've seen group therapy much, I've seen religion some, and then there's the method in this book I've seen mentioned by a handful of people who over the year mark. I've also seen a few that just had a bunch of different motto's and philosophies that they patched together themselves. All over the place. Many things in common, but also some big thing different as far as mindset and approach. We all just have to try earnestly, and be honest with ourselves. If we half-assed an approach, it might not be the approaches fault. If we gave it a real shot, and it still didn't seem to be making a big difference, then we have to try something different. It's good that there are so many takes on how to get to recovery, because chances are there is someone out there that is going to need one of the ones that we passed over.

LostSon267 and nomo like this.