1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

deep voice?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by movingforward16, Jan 14, 2017.

1. anyone know how to get a deeper voice. i sound like a 11 year old girl as you can hear

2. look up bioenergetics.

3. Search on Youtube "know how to get a deeper voice". There are few good videos on it. Especially the one by Elliot Hulse.

4. Your voice will natural deepen with age (and this continues even after you reach adulthood, although the process slows down) - and I don't think there are any ways to really speed up this process or make it any deeper than it will end up naturally, however there are two things you can do.

One, look up the exercises by Elliot Hulse. I'm unconvinced that they will produce any longer lasting changes, but that's irrelevant because they DO produce short term results, and I can back that up after having used them myself. I'd say if you're doing the exercises regularly then even if you stop, for the next few days your voice will still be deeper. They really work very well and you can see the difference immediately.

Another thing, is try to find your natural voice. Your natural voice may be deeper than the voice you're currently using, or it may actually be more high pitched - but regardless of which direction it swings, it's going to be the voice with which you sound best. A lot of the time when you think your voice sounds bad it's because you're pushing it too far in one direction. You might be talking with a focus on lower down in your throat which will cause it to sound deeper, but also sound artificial and not so great. Or you could be talking too nasally, which'll cause it to sound much more high pitched. Here's an article about finding the right level for your voice: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/11/13/masculine-voice/

Another thing I suggest is recording yourself, either audio only, or videos. So, you may have heard of the mirror effect, where people tend to not like how they look in photos/in real life, because they're used to seeing their reversed image in a mirror. The same thing happens with your voice. Normally you only hear a distorted version of your voice that comes through your bones, and so if you ever hear yourself for example in a recording, you think you sound bad, when in actual fact that's just you reacting to hearing a different version of your voice than the one you're used to. By recording and listening to yourself on a regular basis, you'll find that you start to associate your REAL voice with your voice, rather than the distorted one you hear when you speak. At this point you'll start to like your own voice.

I make YouTube videos and this happened to me. My voice was one of my biggest insecurities for a long time, I really disliked it. Once I started making YouTube videos, after a few weeks/months, I actually started to like my voice. Not only that, but because I could hear how I sounded in the audio/video clips, I was able to better find my proper tone of voice, since I was no longer relying on a distorted version to judge how I was speaking. My voice has since improved quite a bit, and listening to my initial recordings, I sound much more high pitched than I do now. I speak more clearly now, and with a tone of voice that I like more. Friends have commented that my voice sounds deeper/better now. All this was thanks to making videos.

5. First week of NoFap I be sounding like Marge Simoson, after a couple of weeks I be sounding like Morgan Freeman.

6. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Fapstronaut

I have the same issue, I sound like a girl.

7. Sovereign Soul

Sovereign Soul Fapstronaut

One thing that worked for me was to relax. When I'm even slightly nervous or anxious my voice gets on the high-pitched end of the spectrum, and I frankly don't even sound like myself. When I'm completely relaxed i.e after meditating, my voice gets naturally deeper. Let me know what you think.

Dziki007 likes this.
  8. IGY

IGY Guest

Dang! How cool is that Lazarus? :cool:

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  9. Very cool :cool:

10. Shin Iu

Shin Iu Fapstronaut