Dealing with insecurities

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by codingmaster2014, Mar 14, 2019.

1. codingmaster2014

codingmaster2014 Fapstronaut

I’m the youngest in my family so already there is a lot of expectations. I live with my mum and two older sisters and since I could remember I’ve always felt that my mum criticises me in everything I do. The only time I felt like I did her proud was when I got my GCSE results two years ago. I’m about to take my a level exams this year but even though I did so well in my GCSE’s I get the impression that I am always looked down upon.

Even when I get ideas, I’m always looked at funnily and nobody ever listens. The only reason I did well in GCSEs was because I kept motivating myself that if I do well I will earn the respect of those in my family, especially my mum. However, that isn’t the case. I know my mum loves me, but she is too critical of me and never listens to a word I say.

Not only does she criticise my ideas, but she also criticises my appearance and future plans. Even when I start arguing with my sisters regardless of what they do I’m always the one who is told off first, which sometimes I do deserve. Maybe she is just trying to look out for me, but I can’t understand how she cannot find a balance.