1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 70, but still stuck at day one.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by AdarasViritur, Feb 6, 2017.

1. AdarasViritur

AdarasViritur Fapstronaut

Hey guys, it's been 70 days today. And no improvements, sadly.
    It's been a really tough period lately, and in the last few days I watched some naked pics (without masturbating).
    What worries me is that I don't seem to improve in any area of my life: university is still a mess, no improvements in social interactions with girls, still that sense of deep not enoughness...
    Other than that, my libido and sex drive has skyrocketed to the point where I would really have sex with any decent girl or woman I see right on the spot. Just looking at them makes me think of all kinds of sexual fantasy and gets me a half-boner.
    Is this really what nofap is about?
    Now, I know I cannot expect to become a superhero overnight, but I see dozens of posts where people change their lives after two months or less, and I feel extremely frustrated by the fact that I seem to objectify women even more than before.

2. Proceed

Proceed Fapstronaut

In my opinion.. you need to spend less time thinking and and more time doing! Sometimes you just have to do stuff without thinking

Low and AdarasViritur like this.
  3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Nofap is not enough, you need to make a conscious effort to improve other facets of life. That being said, stick with nofap and I promise things will improve. There is rewiring that will occur automatically farther into your streak if you are honest with yourself and do true no pmo. You cant move forward so long as you rely on any form of sexual stimuli. Love outside of mating sex is the truest and noblest aspiration, and will bring you ultimate long term sexual satisfaction.

4. AdarasViritur

You hit the right spot, man! Thanks a lot!

5. Watch some videos of Eckart Tolle. He helps me get back in the present moment and not "need" or desire anything to feel positive and except all that IS, good or bad.

And yes also Action or new habits, ways of expressing your self will help. Working out, building a better You physically and expressing your self via creative helps. Art or writing or some Outlet. Let out some of these emotions. And things come back to You. It's like when you feel good, people are Atracted to your vibe. And possibly woman.

Another idea is trying dating sites apps like okay Cupid. Not slutty ones,, like the fast hook up ones, but actually respectable ones. The ones that have Q&A sections, they percentage wise try to suggest a match to you, with like minded answers, values,morals, interests in common. I met my Wife on OKayCupud. We went on one date and have Never left each other since. Been together 4/5 years, married 2 years and it's amazing! I never thought "online" dating sites would work for me but, I met my wife! You'll be surprised.

After reading your post, it seems you are searching for just sex. Like seeing woman and thinking of sex, what about relationships and love?...sex will come after and it's Better when you love the person. Maybe look for quality in the personality of a woman. Then you may find someone you can share a relationship with and Love. Then great sex.

And work on Loving your self first, or you can't love anyone else. Thats my 2 cents. I wish you the best. Also be proud of your self for making it 70 days! Wow! Very inspiring!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  6. AdarasViritur

Thanks for the support, man! True words of wisdom that I will certainly keep in mind.
    The fact that sex will come when I'll eventually love myself enough to find somebody that loves me hit me very hard, it's extremely true.
    But I'm still not certain about hookups; I mean, if it happens, why not? I'm still a virgin and eager of some experience ;)
    Anyway, I realized that being focused on your "purpose" is one of the most attractive things, so I'll work on that!

DormantWonders likes this.
  7. @AdarasViritur im happy I have encouraged you to keep positive and to realize some things. I remember what it was like being a vergin and I know it's difficult. Believe me sex will come and you will have many experiences good and bad. I def after all the hook ups I've had, some livening relationships, some slutty one night stand hook ups.

The ones I remember and had a deep connection where the ones I were in love with. Again, k ow yourself well, respect yourself. You have already taken on the challenge of NoFap and that's Huge! Self mastery. Discipline! That's an attractive quality and will also save you from those that want to take advantage of you emotionally or even sexually. By using sex as a tool. Control tool. Some woman don't cherish it not men. I think you will.

Def work on your self. Love You, give your self some credit and be proud. This will shine, and a girl or woman will find you interesting. Take time or if it happens fast be careful. Respect each other. Have fun and gain experience. Looming for quality in personality and a girlFriend is great, a partner to experience life and each other is key. Hook up can be a rush of dopamine and sexual high but sometimes are risky and have a negative side. Like if you are shallow or using each other just for sex, that's kinda empty in it's self and usually one person or both feel down about it after. Kinda meaningless. I advise love. Or respectful taking time, creating a shared meaning. A Special moment to share. Good luck. Feel good!

8. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

all you have made me done is question if i should continue with nofap

9. Buddhabro

Buddhabro Fapstronaut

It's going to take time to reboot. 70 days is still 20 days short of the minimum recommended time of 90 days to reboot. Stay the course. Be strong and committed to changing your behavior. Don't go back to PMO! You know (from everyone's testimonies on nofap), what's in store for you if you fall into that trap.