1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 40 and Still Counting...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Only1Life, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Only1Life

Only1Life New Fapstronaut

Hi,

I am new here. I have heard about NoFap but never really joined. Having tried many many many times to quit, I almost gave up. At a point I felt, there is no way I'm getting out of this, and the future smelt doom. I hated the future I could envision, but I could not do anything about it - I was trapped. Like a an animal led to the slaughter without any means of escape.

I have attempted PMO free for 48 days before but somehow I relapsed. That shattered my confidence. I thought I had it under control. I was surprised to be back in the loop and even worse as I binged it more than before. I was at a low. Recently I heard about a book Atomic Habit by James Clear, and decided to purchase it on Audible. It gave me the will to start again since I now have a new strategy to apply that I had not known about before. That's the willpower that brought me thus far. I am currently on day 40 PMO free.

Why am I just joining this group? As I approach my record PMO free all-time-high (48 days), I am beginning to wonder what happened that I relapsed. I do not want that to happen again. I thought I was invincible. How I was wrong. So, I stumbled on a post by a Fabstronauts. He reiterated the importance of joining a group and I thought it necessary to join this group as a way to counter anything that might want to pull me back to where I dread to go back to.

It is my hope that I can contribute and benefit from this group. I am not looking back this time, I'm not giving up. I can already see a lot of benefits since going PMO free. By the way, I have been hooked for 26 years. This is where that story ends. I have only One Life to Live and I won't go down in history as someone who wasted the precious life given him because of PMO.

Thank you for reading my post and let's get to work, together.

Joy3512 likes this.