Day 1of 30... I hope.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Focus, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Focus

Focus Fapstronaut

I just learned about this site tonight after seeing Gary Wilson's TED talk. I have high hopes that this may be the thing that has been my problem all along. Always feeling like I am awkward around people, low confidence, performance anxiety, depression, ED... I am just wondering.

So I am committing to what I would have previously thought impossible. Please, any tips are welcome. I'm a 1-2 times a day-er PMO on average. Once in while I have gone for a stretch of a few days to a week, usually when visiting family/friends and in a strange (conspicuous) place.

Hoping for good things from this but mainly to free myself from what has been a monkey on my back for most of my 43 years.

Thank you for any support!

2. Brandon2001

Brandon2001 Fapstronaut

Focus....you well do great here. It really is a good resource. Best thing you can do now is get as much information as you can so you know how to attack it. Best of luck to you. Everyone is here to help you if you just reach out.

3. Focus

Focus Fapstronaut

Thanks Brandon1999...really appreciate the support.

4. Brandon2001

Brandon2001 Fapstronaut

hey man...if you ever want to chat about it with someone else let me know

5. Focus

Focus Fapstronaut

Starting Day 7...T-Day (the day my testosterone levels should be just about peaking) and still doing ok.

Last night was challenging but I kept busy and stayed the course.

Woke up feeling like I slayed the demon... Did not give in.

I'm feeling good and already noticing a difference in my approach to the world. As someone here said, 'less viewing and more doing'.

That's the plan.

6. linoleo

linoleo Fapstronaut

Well done Focus, I am very glad this is working for you too.
    I am also a newbie here, and if someone had told me before I could be in Day 14 without too much problem I would not have believed him. I am very happy for having found this website.

I will tell you some of the advices that fapstronaut jiltedjohn told me and I found very useful:
    * use a tracker (i.e. pmo-tracker)
    * and try to read the book Changing for Good (O. Prochaska). I have begun to read it and I feel it is going to be very helpful.

I am also noticing that difference in my approach to the world that you comment, and it makes me feel really good. I felt something similar when a quit smoking several years ago. The main difference was that in that case, since the beginning I knew I had a problem, but in this case I have just realized it.

Good luck with your plan, you seem to be in the right way!

7. Focus

Focus Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply and the support. Hopefully I have set my meter correctly. Great tool to have. Will check out the suggested reading as well. Good luck on your journey!