1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Davy Crockett

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jewels Fern, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Jewels Fern

Jewels Fern Fapstronaut

The man, the myth, the legend. Do you know him without having to tap into the powers of the internet? Please only post first if you know Davy, from a time before the internet.

Discuss.

2. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I know something of the man, pre-internet, through film. Fess Parker's Disney fare, and John Wayne's The Alamo. Whether those films were accurate, or hyperbole, I cannot say.

3. Baroque

Baroque Fapstronaut

Pre-internet, I remember the song about Davy Crockett. I'm not sure who wrote it or when it was written though.

4. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

You're probably thinking of this:

Baroque likes this.
  5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

This thread has got me thinking about pioneer life. While my lifespan likely would have been a lot shorter, I bet I would have loved to be a pioneer. I also bet I would not be addicted to PMO (or MO back in the day). Maybe I should get a coonskin cap.

6. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I could go hunt one up. Up here the government will pay for skunk and racoon pelts. Maybe such a drastic lifestyle change will help me defeat this addiction!

7. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Just out of pure curiosity: Has anyone else here ever fired a flintlock? Or even a percussion lock?