1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating while rebooting (PIED)

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Supernaturalmx, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Supernaturalmx

Supernaturalmx Fapstronaut

Alright so this is my first ever post on these forums so I’ll try and make it brief but I may ramble because I just need to get some stuff off my chest.

I am 25 years old and have suffered from PIED basically since I started to have sex around the age of 18. My last relationship lasted two years and while we did successfully have sex, I still constantly struggled with PIED. I ultimately never really confronted my addictions with my girlfriend and the relationship dwindled. I am currently on my second longest streak (about 20 days) and just ended a 30 day streak a few weeks ago but unfortunately had a relapse. Because of PIED I am extremely nervous when it comes to dating/talking to girls even though I am what others would consider really good looking and have a halfway decent personality. Despite these desirable qualities, I am constantly worried that when I try and have sex with a girl I will just experience that terrible, shameful, and gripping feeling of not being able to perform. I’m about 20 days on my current streak and am more motivated than ever to keep it going. This is something that is way too important to fuck up just in order to feel that brief momentary satisfaction. Finally, the point of this post is that I really want to start dating again but I want to make sure that PIED is not an issue. Is it worth dating during a reboot? Should I just wait until I’ve hit a longer streak? I definitely feel my confidence and sexual energy rising more and more each day. I have more than enough opportunities to meet with really attractive women but this thing constantly holds me back from actually actively persuing any of them and it’s pissing me off. I guess I’m not looking for actual answers so much as I am just venting to the internet lol. If you read all of this you’re awesome and have a fantastic day.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  2. Startagain123

Startagain123 Fapstronaut

Good luck mate, when I got divorced I struggled with something similar. I went crazy dating but really struggled to 'keep it up'. In hindsight I think it was because I didn't care what I went with, but once I started being more picky it did improve. The nofap has helped a lot but in particular with DE. In all honesty just keep of the PM, and give it time, there's no rush. When I put pressure on myself it made it worse. Find a woman you find both physically and mentally stimulating and enjoy the ride...People will disagree with me but after a few weeks of zero PM I didn't have a single problem. It's all about what's in your head, get your confidence back and you'll be raring to go... solid as a rock. We're all different and deal with things in our own way. Rooting for ya

3. Supernaturalmx

Thank you for the response! I do need to remind myself that there is no rush. If it happens it happens but I’m not going to force anything. Cheers!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. I'm on the same boat as you.. yeah, it blows man. I'm on a long streak (idk how long exactly) rn and I'm starting to see somebody. Trust me, I'm nervous too. Back in the early stages of my recovery (like 20 days like you) I purposefully didn't attempt to talk to girls bc I've had 3 cases of pied. It was (and is) an interesting and extremely beneficial thing if you do self improvement correctly

Supernaturalmx likes this.
  5. Quitting pmo is only a part of this self improvement process I speak of. It's mainly gaining a better understanding. Accepting where you've been, understand (not accept) where you are, and plan where youre going. Keep in mind, it took me 8-9 months for the first step, and like 5 more months after for 2nd and 3rd and acting on it

Supernaturalmx likes this.
  6. Supernaturalmx

I hear you man! I’ve been on a huge self improvement kick for about 7 months now. From diet, fitness, mental health, learning to take responsibility for myself. PM was the final thing that I knew I absolutely had to cut out. I know it’s not going to be a quick fix after years of damage that I’ve done to my brain. Just have to keep working at it! Thank you for the words brother. Good luck to you with your new relationship!

7. phwrancesco

phwrancesco Fapstronaut

i suggest you to reboot, reach 90 days and then start dating again.
    How could you enjoy a date if deep inside you know you have this problem?

it worked great with me: as soon as i started gaining confidence i started dating again and started my long term relationship :)

8. Congratsď

9. I went around 90 days and that cured my pied.