1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating, PIED, Early recovery, Choices

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by JaMorant01, May 28, 2023.

1. JaMorant01

JaMorant01 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, I'm 3 weeks clean which is one of the longer periods I've had in the last 2 years, slowly moving forward, picking up the pieces and looking to build myself back up.

Anyways, I recently met this girl and things are going great, although I'm a very inexperienced guy I'm fairly confident and I'm pretty much conveying the opposite all the while being open and just being myself, things have not escalated to sex yet but it's getting there fast.

I won't get explicit on these forums but I met with her this morning and the cuddles and kisses are turning very sexual, it was great and I enjoy spending time with her. But as she was getting very into it several times, I did as-well to a degree but my penis just would not react, as I did kind of expect, it wasn't akward at all or anything and she didn't even seem to notice (although she probably did ?), I don't think it is a big deal considering we were not trying to have sex on the spot.

I know recovery takes time and it is to be expected, I also know that she wants me and that I want her and my potential inability to take it up a notch and have sex with her is on my mind. I don't think I have a case of Oneitis but she has alot of qualities that makes we are a good match and I don't wanna lose all the desire or respect for my manhood by giving it a shot and staying soft.

At this point I'm trying not to overthink all the while remaining grounded but I don't want to be delusionnal and think that I can show up not performing at all and not take a hit. I am considering my options, wondering and I wanted to hear you guys opinion because some wisdom may always be extracted from good conversations.

I could cut contact for a while, tell her that I like her but that I have some personnal matter that needs taken care of first (which is the truth), I gotta turn my life around and take my time to recover and become a human and then a man again.

I could also try compounds to help with the ED, could be tadalafil or PT 141, altho I'm not a fan at all of going that route, it still remains an option realistically.

In the end the truth is that fixing myself and my life is the most important thing right now and even if we have sex, I have some work to do before being able to allow someone to come along with me, it's difficult to stay grounded in that when these new strong feelings start to emerge, I'm doing my best however.

Would love feedback, opinions, advices as I said, many thanks.

2. You can try aerobic exercise. Running is a good choice. The desire may decline in the first two weeks, but after sticking for a period of time, you will get the iron and naiveness in the morning. You will have an erection and congestion and can't sleep at ease.

Ascended Ninja likes this.
  3. JaMorant01

JaMorant01 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response brother, I will switch to more aerobic exercise, I'm a gym rat 6 times a week but I do not indulge in aerobic exercise enough altho it makes me feel great, I will make some tweeks and note the benefits