1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating or Waiting?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by LOSEmyselftoSAVEmyself, Mar 31, 2022.

1. What is your opinion:

I have to say that I always have mixed, confused and/or uncertain feelings
    about dating. Not just during the reboot, either...

If I was young, planning a family, had my whole life in front of me,
    I probably would just want to hit the reboot hard,
    make a bunch of money so I could settle down.

Most guys don't get to the top like that, but
    there's more to life than money.

But I never had kids and I'm divorced.

So I ask myself, should I get re-married?

Ugh. I just don't know about that idea.

Alright so if I'm honest, then it is all about the sex.
    Should I date and try to find someone?

Eh. Dating. What a joke.

To meet a girl, nowadays there is a whole maze of "approach strategy"
    and I do not like any of it.
    It's not me.

Then I get lonely so I decide to "fake it until I make it".
    I put on the expensive shoes, gel in the hair, listening to
    Tove Lo, en route to the clubber.

An hour later, I think, what am I doing here?
    I'm a Christian!

So I come back home and journal on NoFap...

Then I start thinking, a few days later,
    maybe I should try to meet a girl?

Well, I was already at the clubber and I went home.
    So is the next one another short-timer and pike out?

What do you all do to solve this cycle, this redundancy, this pointless repitition?

jcl1990 likes this.
  2. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

I've done the exact same thing recently. Listened to rap music and went to the bar to make approaches lol

So yea, I'm kind of in the same cycle as you right now, minus the successful 90 day hard mode reboot. Relapsed on day 39 recently

I think you should go for it... Because us guys seem to always want a girl. Unless you truly became like an entity that doesn't even perceive human flesh anymore, but only sees things from the spirit world and have become like Neo in the Matrix.

From your past posts, you seem like you do deep down want a girlfriend or a wife. And if you have your finances and living situation in place, might as well find a girlfriend.

Are you open to dating a single mom? or would it have to be a childless woman? Any certain type of girl you are looking for?

3. Yeah I know! I want the woman, not the bar! Not the whole insane scene.

Ok not a big deal. You're in the chaser. Give yourself the week, start over next week.

Nah, I'm not where I want to be yet financially. Working on it.

To gf or not to gf....that is the question.....actually, that is the only question....

Seems like there is the possibility of love, out there, somewhere, on a forgotten lottery ticket, floating in the gutter...

No I can't date single mothers because then you have to take care of the child which isn't yours.

That sucks in such a big massive way.

Any certain girl I'm looking for?

I guess I could settle for Angelina Jolie...

I might be convinced to take Taylor Swift,

if someone twisted my arm, but if I was in pain,

I'd shake it off...

jcl1990 likes this.
  4. For someone who has never been married maybe I'm crazy for considering a single mother.. But I'm not jumping into anything, I'm committed to help build up a local recovery program and there's a woman I respect there. Of course, lots of recovering people have different issues, it would be a little hypocritical to avoid any kind of issue though things can get very unwieldy very quickly if codependency is an issue even for one person. So there is an in between place which I suppose is where I am right now, get to know people and actually relate instead of just what I want or even what we both want. What I do know is there needs to be some kind of social context and that gets watered down online and also where it's a scene where people have a one track mind.

5. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Yea I wouldn’t want to date a single mother either, maybe if the ex husband or ex boyfriend was dead I’d consider it, but not if still alive.

Yea I don’t even like rap music. I just listened to it that night before the bar to get into a more hyped up mindset.

Maybe God can do some sort of crazy hook up thing for you, a right place at the right time type thing. Or, just make an approach to any and all women you find attractive. Make approaches as if you got news you will be dead in one month, probably wouldn’t hold back if that was the case

6. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

hello sir!
    We are made for love and it is ok for you to look for love! Man is not created as solitary being, but for union with others. Do not give up, please, to look for what your heart yearns for. You are a gift to the world, and you deserve love.
    But maybe you should take stock now and look at your past life and ask yourself, whether it's part of your own fault, that you dont have what you would like to have now. Maybe it is your fault, and maybe you should take responsibility for it. After all, thats all you can do. This, and to never give up hope!
    I found, that looking for love is a contradiction. Love can't wait to give, whereas you seem to can't wait to get - which is also perfectly understandable. But it is in the giving, that we get.
    What helped me to grasp this concept more is to go back in time where my love was pure, that is when i was a child. Reading books like the little prince helped me to understand what love is. And hence, what to look for, and how to give. Might be interesting for you to!

becomingreat likes this.
  7. The way it works now is that if you date a single mother, the court system assumes that you are helping pay for her bills. So some states are making guys pay money to single mothers in these situations, if the guy breaks up, even though they weren't married.

The guy has 2 choices, to fight it or pay. It's basically a break even situation.

So I say, don't do it. Keep looking.

I'm not a rap fan, but the rock, punk or metal I like doesn't get me in the romantic mood for making an approach. So I put on the pop usually.

I don't fear being unable to hook up. I put in the work to get fit, so there's demand from women for that. Actually, when women want to hook up, they go for looks or athleticism, not money.

The reason I don't is because I don't like it. In 2019, I met this girl and we hooked up right away. I hadn't had sex before that for a long time.

After it was over, I had incredibly powerful feelings of guilt, shame and fear.

becomingreat and jcl1990 like this.
  8. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the warning, never knew about that law. I'm guessing I'd have to be in a serious relationship with her though for the court to be able to uphold that, not just a few dates. But yea, I would rather just keep looking anyways.

That's interesting about the look/athleticism versus money when it comes to hooking up.

Why do you think you felt guilt, shame, and fear?

I know for me, I would only feel fear because I would fear that God would send me bad luck if I hook up with a girl I won’t end up marrying. But guilt, and shame, not at all, at least as long as I truly like the girl.

9. It feels like taking something valuable to a pawn shop. They pay you far less than it's value, but sometimes certain things become rare or collectible and you miss out on that as well.

There are some different things of value here. There is the potential, in earning and success, which is powered by NoFap, that gets cut off. There is the potential for a relationship with that girl, but now she is easy, which means that either she has no self-esteem, has a disease, or if we tried to build a relationship, would cheat.

God isn't going to send you bad luck since it's not a sin. But if you hook up, you are only going to have to do it all over again because these kinds of women aren't ready for relationships.

My suggestion is that you should complete this 90 day hard mode reboot. Keep it as clean as you can. Focus on your career or school. Get a promotion or good grades. Learn a valuable skill for earning money. Then go out and earn this money, and wait for the RIGHT girl. Take your time with dating her. This will solve two of your problems in one year, unless you have already solved the former.

jcl1990 likes this.
  10. Good suggestions! I don't want to date right now. I want to do a hard mode year.

So I just whine about it...

11. Sometimes I think I will really complete myself if I stay in this space of isolation.

Being alone is not painful.

Nooooooooo!!!!! Not more introspection!

If I do any more introspection, I would probably receive a license to be a proctologist...

12. Recovery is a good place to have a one-track mind. They need to build a foundation.

13. Hopefully it's strong enough, going by what happened in some areas over the last couple of years it wasn't.

14. Recovery is as strong as you make it...