1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daring during early streaks seems like a bad idea

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by NF SINCE BIRTH, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Been on dates with the same girl four days in a row. I am only on day 6. The dates went pretty good but I am simply not assertive enough and I think I am risking getting banished to the friend zone really soon.

Today we shared a bottle of wine, I made some intimate touches and I was close enough to kiss her but I didnt go for it.

I got back to my hometown just now and I feel so damn bad. I have no idea where I am standing with this girl. She turned down my offer to meet on Thursday but invited me to her birthday in 2 weeks.

Seriously, the emotions you get during dating is so potent. It will cause relapses. If I could give myself and anyone else some advice about dating during a reboot I would say dont do it.

Be strong enough to focus on yourself for half a year or so. Start dating when you are completely rebooted. Easier said than done but dating is really making things a whole lot harder.

2. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

If u dont know where u stand with her, its already over. Remember. Forget her, move on, work on yourself.

If girl likes u, u will know it. If u dont know where u stand... you now know it as well.

3. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

I'm in somewhat the same position as you right now.

I had 2 dates with the same girl this week and I'm not sure where I stand.

Yesterday I was at her place for lunch but I didn't go for the kiss either. Some touches here and there.

Personally I'm not going to give up with the dating scene but it's indeed tough...

I think that the lows of getting rejected/flaked/ghosted can lead to a certain mini depression where it's indeed tempting to self-medicate with PMO.

But maybe it can also work in the other way around: I'm now actively participating in the dating scene and it does serve as a motivation to stay away from P because I slightly see my horizons expanding. But I'm a bit further in the reboot I guess.

Dating can be an emotional rollercoaster where you feel like shit... Try to endure these lows as stoically as possible. If you keep yourself clean from P, you'll get stronger out of it.

NF SINCE BIRTH and Spirituss like this.
  4. Yes the real challenge, at least for me, is to get stronger. Work out, eat clean, go out, get rejected, fail. Over and over again. Until one day you can endure this pain much more easily.

even if it will always be difficult.
    It’s difficult to find someone that suits you. You get attached to some girls but sometimes it just doesn’t work.

5. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

I'm interested: how didn't you get discouraged during the initial process? Did you have certain mechanisms that kept you going? Did you had a mentor who guided you throughout the process? Did you take breaks after reaching a certain milestone of X amount of approaches?

I'm constantly trying to reframe it as a process-orientated activity instead of putting the emphasis on [lack of] results. This enables me to take the long view and see how I've developed over time.

Still, I think approaching/dating constantly bruises the ego so I get why most men give up before even trying...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  6. I will answer you honestly. I just had no choice. It was either I have nothing for the rest of my life, or I go through hell. With no guarantee of success. But at least I'm doing my best.

I also think I'm basically positive. I get discouraged but the next day, usually, it's better. And I go back to approaching women.
    And my evolution has always been more important than my results. I knew from the beginning that I have a past as a shy guy with lots of blocks. I knew it was going to be complicated.

I accepted that. Even if it's difficult to accept it. Because you see guys succeeding much more easily than you. And you try harder than they do.

Yes. There were moments of pain. There are still some today, to be honest with you.
    But I enjoy the effort. That's what keeps me going. And I know it's the right thing to do.

7. Thanks for all the answers. I havent been on a lot recently. I have been meeting girls since last time and most of them I dont expect anything to happen with at all but I enjoy some company if nothing else. I need longer streaks to start thinking seriously about dating. I met a girl that I am somewhat into today but even with her I have decided to just take it slow, maybe to the point where she looses interest. But I need to work on myself for a while. We flirted and all today but if she wants anything serious, thats on her. I am just dropping small hints that I am interested but I feel like PMO has put a barrier in my mind where I can flirt a little but I never manage to turn myself on so I cant win if I am not really feeling the attraction. This girl is the hottest girl I have met in a while but still my brain cant connect the dots and make me feel turned on by her beauty. She makes for a good friend anyways and maybe if I reboot properly that I can shoot my shot.

StoicContemplation likes this.
  8. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

I agree 100%. If a girl likes you, it will be painfully obvious.

If you have to ask, "Does she like me?" she's not interested.

If you feel like she likes you 1 day and she doesn't the next, she's not interested.

If a girl likes you, it will be 100% obvious to you. Not 99%, not 98%, but 100%.

Choose a woman who chooses you

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/men-choose-a-woman-who-chooses-you.329744/#post-3322831

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.