1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff and skin issues?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ToBeThunder222, Jun 7, 2023.

1. ToBeThunder222

ToBeThunder222 New Fapstronaut

I’ve heard people say Nofap helped to cure their dandruff. I don’t have really bad dandruff or anything but when I shave my head I can see some flakes and scaly spots. And I’ve had varying degrees of this. Diet plays a big role for me. But I noticed that even eating clean isn’t enough. It comes back if I cum too much.

does anyone have any experience with this and seen dramatic benefits by not jerking off?

I know it ties in with gut health but I feel like maybe not jerking off helps with anxiety and self worth which can help the digestive system work better and assimilate more nutrition.

2. Peter Weißbier

Peter Weißbier Fapstronaut

Yes it does, I have itching and dry skin on my head since a few years. When I abstain, the itching goes away. Also the dandruff gets better. It should be another reason to quit PMO.

I don't think the diet plays the biggest role here, like you said.

Stay strong

Embark39 likes this.
  3. Head skin head issues are caused by the tension created in your mind/head.
    Tension caused by:
    Screentime
    Pmo related fear and stress
    Other causes of stress
    Too less open conversations
    Too less emotional expressions
    Holding in anger
    Pride and haughtiness
    Etc

There are times my head skin feels very tight when I try to "move" it with a flat hand, other times it feels much more "flexible".
    To me that makes sense.

4. Peter Weißbier

Yes but there are actual phycisal side effects.

Did you ever wonder why you sweat more and your sweat stinks when you PMO regularly?

5. Of course there are more physical side effects than dandruf alone.

6. Peter Weißbier

What I meant is (my explanation) that sperm has lots of nutritions for the body and if you drain the body then you will have physical side effects.

I do not know if this is true, correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe somebody can back it up with some studies about the matter.

7. Embark39

Embark39 Fapstronaut

Yes, I've had pretty severe seborrheic dermatitis all over my face and chest for almost a decade now, and I long ago discovered that PMO was the biggest culprit: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/seborrhoeic-dermatitis-and-masturbation.210797/. Almost every time, like clockwork, I get severe breakouts within 1-3 days after a PMO relapse. These breakouts also happen after I have wet dreams, and after edging sessions, but are usually not as severe. During my longest PMO-free streaks, which lasted about a month, my dermatitis almost disappeared.

Diet is the second culprit, but not as big as PMO. I still don't quite understand the full picture after all of these years; maybe someone could enlighten me. But I think that the dermatitis, being an inflammatory response, is due to an overactive immune system, and when we PMO we greatly disrupt the hormonal balance so it goes into overdrive. I also noticed during some of my most severe dermatitis breakouts, and usually immediately after a relapse, I'd get a rash on the abdomen, pass a lot of gas, and have diarrhea. Since most of the immune system is in the gut, there's definitely a connection there.

And I don't think this is limited to dermatitis. I think this applies to other skin problems, like acne. Before I got bad dermatitis, I had bad acne. And when did I start getting bad acne? During puberty, when I also started masturbation. It's like this for a lot of people. I don't think this is a coincidence.

8. Peter Weißbier

yeah, we are definitely not making this up!! its just a shame that it only changes after maintaining a long streak. And i also believe that some side effects like this normalize after we kind of "reset" our body. because if you wanted to have sex after half a year and then you get dermatitis from it.. well that would be bad.

you should try and write a diary about your relapses and what you ate, so you can see where exactly those mentioned side effects (diarrhea etc) come from. i often see people eating a lot of pork meat etc and then they wonder why they fart all the time. in my opinion its not the most healthy food around.

but the akne went away right?

here is a link to an excessive study they made on reddit users abusing PMO:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7145784/

"Termed Health Impact, the second subscale (α = .65) was comprised of insomnia, risk of prostate cancer, acne, and creativity."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    Embark39 likes this.
  9. Embark39

Embark39 Fapstronaut

Oh I don't intend to relapse ever again :D I've been keeping a journal here for the past few weeks, but I don't specify what I eat or anything like that. I rarely get diarrhea or those other side effects anymore.

Yeah my acne went away almost a decade ago, and was almost immediately replaced with dermatitis all over my face (at around the same time when my PMO relapses really ramped up, and I started engaging in dodgy online sexual activity).

Where specifically do you get your dermatitis, and where is it worst? Do you just get the flakes, or do you also get the bumps and red inflammation?

10. Peter Weißbier

My skin sheds around my beard and on my head I get itches a lot. I'll keep you guys updated on how it improves. I should be about 14 days in.

Embark39 likes this.
  11. sam1234x

sam1234x Fapstronaut

first i only had dandruff on head later my all skin got dry and my eyebrows also started getting and druff.
    now it is causing hairfall .

12. Peter Weißbier

hello,

i just relapsed but i was abstinent for at least 2 weeks. itching and dandruff got significantly less. i am really trying on making it to 90 days this time!!! hope you all are doing well.

Embark39 and sam1234x like this.
  13. Embark39

Embark39 Fapstronaut

I'm sorry about your relapse; I hope you're doing well. But it's good to hear how your dermatitis condition improved! Use that as motivation to abstain from PMO. Whenever you get urges just remember how bad your dermatitis gets after you relapse.

You thinking of keeping a journal on here to mark your progress? I'd love to read it if you do :)

14. Peter Weißbier

thanks man i will try and remember that! i also blocked P from a router level.

hmm i am not sure, i might look into it. i am going to a psychosomatic clinic and i might have more time there because i cant play computer games.

Embark39 likes this.
  15. System Shock

System Shock Fapstronaut

I also noticed apart from skin issues going away that you get better gains of muscle if you are exercising. Probably because there are more energy and nutrients in body for better protein synthesis.

Embark39 likes this.
  16. The_Eliminator

The_Eliminator Fapstronaut

Diet is the number 1 contributor to skin issues. I have treated my skin issues semi successfully with elimination diet.

Yes NoFap will help, so will exercise, sleep, etc. Not as much as diet.

Everyone genes is different. So diet will vary from person to person. You have to find that out yourself using trial and error. I recommend elimination diet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elimination_diet

17. Peter Weißbier

yeah i dont eat well i dont exercise i dont sleep well because of nightmares and still my skin is improving from day to day. no more itching, way less flakes. everybody is different i guess like you said