1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Damn Thoughts

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Aaaandddddd, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Aaaandddddd

Aaaandddddd Fapstronaut

I was bout to fap and then I noticed the person I was bout ta fap to was blond and early adult which just reminded me of a family member, I ignored it because it's such a small detail, I fapped to them for maybe 2 seconds then stopped. Then fapped to a different person. I don't think this is strange or anything. Just like intrusive thoughts, but I feel like I won't be able to forget it

2. desmond3

desmond3 Fapstronaut

I can relate. I often have some non-sensical thoughts in my head once a while. To stop these unwanted thoughts, what I've found useful is to stop dwelling on them. On top of that, I quit thinking about or trying not to do this fapping thing, focusing on progressing in my real life instead, e.g. working on self-development / self-cultivation, showing more love to the ones around, pursuing life goals, finding some healthy hobbies and serving the community. There's no need to worry about scary thoughts, because by engaging with life, you will gradually forget about all these unwanted thoughts. In contrast, if you keep dwelling on these issues, they will just gain more power.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023