1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Qi Gong

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Commandant Logic, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

You're totally right, but as I said, I'll still try it, it's better than nothing. I don't want to become a 'master' by watching videos, just learn a little bit and above all to experience its benefiits

Commandant Logic likes this.
  2. Commandant Logic

Commandant Logic Fapstronaut

Ya for just learning the basics and reaping energy benefits discipline is certainly the foundation of practice.

The deeper you go, the more important it is to have proper guidance or else you can be misled or lead yourself astray....one minute I'll share some quotes.

3. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Alright, sure

4. Commandant Logic

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

I would also advise (but hey I'm not demanding lol just offering my viewpoint here man) you stick with a chosen art for years. Jumping back and forth without committing to learning one art in depth won't bring you nearly as much fruits as learning one artform deeply. Some people just learn something on the surface level and never get into the real training, which is training your mind and spirit. Training the body and fighting applications is the most shallow aspect of authentic martial arts. Traditional training is training the body and disciplining the mind so as to nurture the spirit for the benefit of the world really. This guy says it better:

"The proper purpose of martial arts training is training the body, cultivating the mind, so as to nurture the spirit and contribute to the welfare of the world." - Beyond The Known by Tri Thong Dang.

"One of the greatest gifts of the martial arts is that they ultimately guide us to new levels of spirituality."

-- JOSEPH CARDILLO, Be Like Water

"The purpose of refinement of consciousness through martial arts is to develop the latent abilities of the human body and brain, to cultivate supranormal capacities in the human body and supranormal powers of consciousness."

-- SHI MING, Mind Over Matter: Higher Martial Arts

“To know ten thousand things, know one well”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

"In the martial arts, the relationship of Master and disciple is a peculiar one. At the beginning, we may find the training not alluring and exciting, but boring. We would be wise to remember that the beginning is but the foundation of what can become a great edifice."

-- TRI THONG DANG, Beyond the Known

The true science of martial arts means practicing them in such a way that they will be useful at any time, and to teach them in such a way that they will be useful in all things.
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings: Miyamoto Musashi

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Retentionman likes this.
  5. Commandant Logic

Ok well I now see we must plunge the depths of martial wisdom for every single martial art on the face of the planet tracing back to the roots of ALL MARTIAL ARTS.

The real must be known by all. NoFap allows us to train the way martial arts are meant to be trained! So many people train blindly and squander their sexual energy mindlessly. Let us be the example ladies and gentlemen. IF you even train martial arts that is otherwise still be an example for this decrepit world with its broken iGeneration!!

6. Rion008

Rion008 Fapstronaut

It's best to get training with a master in person or at least someone experienced with it or energies vs. just online. A lot of Western martial instructors don't even know the real work b/c of favoring technique and form for combat - but some do.

7. Rion008

Rion008 Fapstronaut

I don't practice each day but every other day on average.

Commandant Logic likes this.
  8. Commandant Logic

Hey man couple times a week is fantastic! Share a video or thoughts sometime on your training or if you feel you have something unique to add man! Anything at all :)

9. Commandant Logic

Feel free to use Qi Gong however here, Chi Gong, Chi Kung, qigong, it's all fine.

Many people use Qigong. But then Tai Chi? Why not Taichi if you're going to use Qigong as one word? Anyways this thread is not really aimed at Taiji, Tai ji, Tai Chi, Taiji Quan, Tai Chi Chuan, lolllllllllll same thing man the majority of the West has taken Chinese Martial Arts and totally turned them into a shallow fitness routine stripped of their true essence in many cases.

Lol all this confusion because it's PINYIN. If we were speaking Chinese it would just be way more simple HAHAHAH.

10. Commandant Logic

[​IMG]

Don't mind if I (or you) throw in random martial arts bits unrelated to Qigong specifically. I started this thread about my daily qigong training but that doesn't mean it's not open for general martial arts discussion from anyone and everyone. It's main focus is daily qigong practice that's all :)

About to watch Sammo Hung in My Beloved Bodyguard. Lol the original cover has him and a little girl with that title but what I rented has him fighting some bad guys and it's totally called The Bodyguard. But it's still My Beloved Bodyguard, I guess they decided that was too girly LOL so they altered the cover but it's the same film. I read he's acting old and is getting dementia, sigh let's hope it's watchable.

Was thinking about this whole pinyin confusion which I wanted to try to clear up more in case anyone was reading this thread while I'm stepping away from the forum for sometime.

Ya they totally changed the title to The Bodyguard but on IMDb it's listed under My Beloved Bodyguard. Wo de te gong ye ye (original title).

See what happens with translating Chinese into English? LOL!