1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Logbook: The Holy Rosary

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Hello everyone,

Starting from today, for each day that I pray the rosary, I will leave a note in this thread.

Mara is back and Fulton like this.
  2. Welcome,

Looking forward to your Logbook with The Holy Rosary. The Rosary has been one of the greatest sources of protection and strength for me in recovery other than the Mass.

3. Thank you. May we all continue to draw strength and protection from the Holy Rosary in our recovery.

4. Day 1 Complete

Proverbs 10:17
    "Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astr
    ay."

CPilot and Fulton like this.
  5. It's been 6 days since I've last left a note in this thread, and I've probably recited the rosary for 2 out of those 6 days. I haven't handled these past few days particularly well. Last night, I had a mental breakdown, and this morning, a couple of people at work made some racist comments that made me feel uncomfortable. It takes strength to go through life and still find moments to pray and have a conversation with God. I hope God gives me the strength to endure pain and discomfort. Despite having a semen retention streak of 189 days, I can't help but feel inadequate and insufficient sometimes. There are days when my confidence is sky high and bordering on hubris, and there are days like the most recent ones in which I felt broken, hopeless, and isolated. I still want to commit to my goal of praying the rosary daily. Here's to giving it another shot.

6. It can be difficult to find time to pray, which is why I try to get most of mine done in the morning since I can control that time and since I have less distractions. If I leave the bulk of my prayer to the end of the day I either don't say them or I don't say them well.

Personally, I don't believe in self-confidence as I think it's just another trap of pride. None of us are capable of anything without God and all of us depend on God for our existence. Knowing what we are helps us put our confidence in the right direction, which is toward God and not towards ourselves. We are all wounded/broken as a result of original sin, but God with His grace conquers this and divinizes us with Himself, primarily through the Holy Eucharist in the sacrifice of the Mass and through the sacraments of the Church.

7. It's interesting that you would regard self confidence as a trap of pride. I will definitely dwell on that thought the next time I feel like I'm in high spirits, intoxicated by my own self confidence.

8. Last night, I recited the joyful mysteries of the Holy Rosary before bedtime. I also read a few chapters from the Gospel according to John in addition to the daily Catholic readings prescribed by the church.

Psalms 23:6
    "Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

9. Finished reading the Gospel according to John and verses from Ecclesiastes. During my lunch break at work, I found a quiet place to pray the rosary. Since today is Thursday, I meditated on the luminous mysteries.

Ecclesiastes 7:26
    "I discovered that a seductive woman is a trap more bitter than death. Her passion is a snare, and her soft hands are chains. Those who are pleasing to God will escape her, but sinners will be caught in her snare."

Fulton likes this.
  10. Prayed the rosary late last night. Since it was Friday, I meditated on the sorrowful mysteries.

Numbers 6: 24-26
    "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Fulton likes this.
  11. Prayed the rosary yesterday and today. I downloaded a Bible app on my phone and it features well structured, comprehensive reading plans for a variety of topics. I'm reading the Bible more frequently, and it doesn't feel like a chore whatsoever

Luke 21:1-4
    When Jesus looked up he saw some wealthy people putting their offerings into the treasury and he noticed a poor widow putting in two small coins. He said, "I tell you truly, this poor widow put in more than all the rest; for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood."

Fulton likes this.
  12. I prayed the rosary on Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope to do the same again tonight. Since today is Thursday, I will be meditating on the luminous mysteries.

Fulton likes this.
  13. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Keep striving. I think God is a wise teacher, undoubtedly the wisest of all. In my student days, my course of study required lots of Calculus, Physics, Thermodynamics, etc. Quite honestly, I don't think I really understood the material during the class time. The professors introduced the subjects in class but I gained understanding only through many hours of problem solving. I think God often teaches us this way, He leads us in the right direction but asks us to do the work to really understand the material.

Fulton likes this.
  14. This is the way

Fulton likes this.