1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cooking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by User3475682, Aug 25, 2018.

1. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

I think it's important that one can cook several meals for himself, I'm not that good at it and I only can do a view courts.

When did you started to cook and do you know delicious but easy courts?Do you have any advice for someone who started learning to cook?

Hitto likes this.
  2. What are view courts?

To get better at cooking, the best method is by trial and error. That will allow you to get an intuitive sense as to how much to season different foods. Some guidelines:

1) Always underestimate the seasoning. You can always add more, but you can never easily remove seasoning.

2) Cook with cast iron pots for better taste and texture. Cast iron pots are more resistant to temperature change when adding cold ingredients because there is more material to hold the heat vs steel clad pots. This helps with cooking outcome consistency, and can help avoid situations like overcooked exterior and undercooked interior of food.

3) When heating your pan, you want it hot enough to sear, but not too hot to burn. This temperature will come with experience. However, a method to make sure your pan is just hot enough is to periodically add droplets of water to the pan as it heats up. When the pan is hot, the droplets will evaporate immediately. When the pan is very hot, the droplets will slip and slide around the pot. You can use this rule of thumb to gauge pot temperature. (As an example, I know a pan is at the perfect temperature to sear chicken breast when the pan is able to slide a 1cm diameter drop of water (but not larger) around the pan. Larger sliding droplet = hotter pot.

4) Most foods come with cooking tips on the packaging, those are excellent starting points.

5) Experiment with different temperature, seasoning, and cooking time combinations with food. However, for your safety, I highly recommend getting a food thermometer for meats. Raw meat is the one food you do not want to experiment with without taking the temperature.

I am forever learning how to cook better, but this is some of what I have learned along the way. Enjoy!

Hitto and Mao Zedong like this.
  3. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

I wanted to say that I can't cook much, sorry my english isn't really good because I am not a native speaker.

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it! 2) is especially interesting.

4. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

That’s one thing I’ve learned and still doing it’s fun I just look up things on YouTube and go for it and I always try to cook a dish twice if I don’t like how it comes out the first time. Cooking brings out the creative side in me and I like how all the preparation and work you put in to see and eat the finished dish and plus I’m trying to stay healthy so cooking is great to maintain my physique

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I love cooking with cast iron pots

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Air0

Air0 Fapstronaut

aww yeahhh food