Condemnation Never Liberates!

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Zombro

Zombro Fapstronaut

You will see from my counter that my current abstinence is short, but if you read my history you will see that my struggle is long-term, and in all that time I have learned a few things I need to put into full practice after relapsing. One thing I learned that I continue to have to work into practice is that condemnation is never a liberating thing, and always sets you back.

So when I read on forums here that guys are full of self-recrimination after a setback I am struck by their level of remorse and the negativity they have towards themselves, the doubt about progress, sometimes questioning even that their faith is real. These are the accusations of the evil one, taking saints off course with a false view of their sin and of God's grace.

Every "failure," if approached properly, can be salvaged and made into a learning experience. Ask yourself why it happened, and what you need to know to do different, and seek the resources to do it. Accepting the "failure" as a teaching tool is the first step towards building a better recovery that is stronger because you slipped. Condemnation precludes this benefit, and is a lie from hell.

You are loved by Christ, who knows your struggle and died for you so that His grace can cover your sins. Accept and meditate on this so that the reality of it gets deep into your soul and your thinking.

I speak from the experience of many "failures" and with much hope that the battle will be won, even if the finality of victory can be hard to see!