1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Complex case : HELP

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Johnnyjohnjoe, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Johnnyjohnjoe

Johnnyjohnjoe New Fapstronaut

Hello guys

I feel like I need some help there. Here's my story :

Summer 2018 : I heard about NoFap, and I started the journey from there.
    During the first 2 months I felt I had all of NoFap benefits. It was awesome, but later I found out that this feeling wasn't really related to NoFap benefits but more like megalomania, feeling superior to others, etc.

Fall 2018 : went through my first episode of psychosis. Got on psych drugs.

Summer 2020 : got tired of living my life on medication, so I brutally stop them (Never do that!).

Fall 2020 : 2nd episode of psychosis. Was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

April 2022 : me and my psychiatrist decided to start to wean off very slowly because I couldn't live decently with the huge side effets of the psych drugs I took.

Since March 2023 : Currently living without any medication ! Felt relieved, more like myself, happier.

Then I restarted a NoFap journey. Relapsed a few times, but now it's been a month since I didn't.

And since then, I don't feel any benefits from NoFap. Here's what I feel nowadays :

Low energy, no sens of humor, low libido, I apologize for nothing, can't look at women in the eyes, lack of self-confidence, socially anxious, fatigue, excessive underarm sweating, I don't feel masculine in my behavior, etc.

When there's a girl trying to talk to me I don't play any seduction game. I talk about work with her and then the conversation ends up there.
    When I get mugged mentally or physically, I never fight back.
    Tired of this.

I'm not depressed though. I'm trying to understand what's going on in my body and how I can resolve the issue.

I talked about my schizophrenia before because I believed it's related to the dopamine system.

I wanna point out that I don't take any other drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, I eat healthy, I have good sleep, I sometimes read, live currently a low-stress life even though I'm organised and pursue my goals, not fat or skinny, stopped playing video games, I go to the gym 3 times a week, etc, trying to live an active life you know.

So I don't really know what to do. Should I go check my doctor to have a complete hormonal analysis or maybe have a testosterone check at least ?

I'm looking forward your answers

2. Life_of_Socrates_777

Life_of_Socrates_777 Fapstronaut

Talk to a medical doctor and/or a mental health professional.

3. TheEpicLolo564

TheEpicLolo564 Fapstronaut

Bro above just said go to a doctor :emoji_nerd:.

Hey, first cheers and props from going through all of that. I mean, psych episodes and stuff is no joke you know?

From what I see and from what YOU say it's hard to tell. Yes, some of them are probably related to low dopamine(or maybe other hormone related to good feelings) but the thing is that if that would be totally the case you wouldn't have such a productive life you are pursuing right?

Heck I even know people who do shit in their life, drink, smoke and all of that and don't experience such things. My other question is, WHEN do you exactly feel like that? and also there has to be something that makes you feel good right?

Maybe you should practice your social skills, do you have close friends?

Ooooor maybe you just don't care about most things and you are trying to convince you that there is something wrong.

I mean, just for the two things you said you are tired of: seduction game and not fighting back. Let me tell you something I hope can help, well, at least for me, I don't approach to girls but there is a friend who kinda doesn't care when girls(not multiple at the same time tho) try to talk to him and even flirt. He LIKES the interaction, naturally, and would probably like it even more if something interesting happens, but it's his body that just doesn't let him do MORE. He also does not play the seduction game but ultimately wants the result of that, it's like a battle between himself. I usually advice him but I know it's not that common of a case.

On the other hand when you were talking about not fighting back, well, something kinda similar happens to me? I mean, when someone (tho rare) try to piss me off or something like that, yes, I want to beat the crap out of them but on the inside I know I don't do that because most of the time is unnecessary, some idea about peacefulness or who knows. Also sometimes it bothers me but I don't take it as a problem.

Maybe you need a HIGHER motivation/inspiration to do things, talking to random chicks is boring, but when you (just an example) start reading about seduction and psychology of seduction then you have a motive for trying and putting it into practice.

I hope it has been helpful, please hit me up if you want to talk about it, I have twitter or email.