1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Complaining

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Yesterday I was complaining again. People just don't do things in a perfect way when they are working with me. Since I am perfect, that is a – Wait, I am not perfect either.

We forget that we are not perfect when someone else makes mistakes we would not make. The problem is, we make a bunch of other mistakes they would not make.

#1 I need to be humble and remember that we all make mistakes.

#2 I need to remember how God reacts (Sometimes with fire) to people who complain.

#3 How popular will I be if I am Mr. Negative?

#4 Complaining puts us in a worse mood. Forgive, and forget. Or ignore the issue if possible.

#5 Complaining helps us believe the theory “Life stinks,” on a higher level.

What does the Bible say about complaining?

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, " (Philippians 2:14-). Consider memorizing this command.

Finally, I will repeat the last line of the Feb. 28th article:

Consider focusing on making it a habit to praise the Lord, give thanks, or to rejoice every time you are tempted to complain. That habit will make you happier, and it will help in the fight against lust.

For the full article click.

Keli, CPilot and born3 like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good points all and a good reminder for me! It is interesting to me how a lifetime of trying to prove my value to people brought little happiness while working on being humble and promoting the value of others in lieu of my own worth brings almost immediate happiness.

Dear Lord, let others be loved more than I. Give me the grace to desire it.

Keli likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Great, helpful reply. Happy Holidays.

CPilot likes this.