1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comfortable being alone but not forever

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by BruceD, Mar 21, 2022.

1. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I don't think we are meant to live alone. Sure, it can be done, but we need to share experiences. I have been single since late 2015, dated very sparingly. I can't help but think/know that PMO contributed to this. On Day 5 now and trudging on.

2. Spekky

Spekky Fapstronaut

I seem to think no one really gets me. So I lock myself away in this house. I'm alone--and I like being alone--except for the occasional loneliness. I agree. We need to share experiences, troubles, and secrets.

3. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You're not alone my Spekky my friend. A lot of people in this world feel and experience what you do. I know I do. I think I'm like you, I kind of like it except for when I don't. it's gone on for such a long time that I've learned to accept it as a major part of my life. It's a both a blessing and a curse. I enjoy looking in at others from the outside, whilst sometimes wanting more companionship and connection at the same. But I remember reading somewhere that a lonely person is disconnected from their soul and the truth that we are actually never alone.

Spekky likes this.