1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Showers-the why and the how?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by rikityrik, Dec 15, 2017.

1. rikityrik

rikityrik Fapstronaut

Hi fellow fapstronauts,
    I think it is fair to say that most of us agree on the benefits of cold showers.

It'll be great if you can share your beneficial experiences with it, and also, how do you incorporate cold showers into your daily routine?

I usually take it in the morning as a part of my everyday shower routine.
    I am certainly seeing the benefits, which include better focus and concentration throughout the day, wakefulness, better skin, better hair, the ability to overcome urges (as having a cold shower in the winter requires a lot of will power, so the threshold of will power increases), good sleep at night, and a few more.

Get sharing! I am intrigued by this efficient routine that is often neglected in self-improvement circles.

2. LCKDLE740

LCKDLE740 New Fapstronaut

Had cold showers every day for 18 days now. I have had people tell me that I have better skin. I get a boost for a few minutes after the shower but it dies off, which is unsurprising giving the mental health problems I have anyway. I have also relapsed once in this time so as for willpower I still have a way to go. Hopefully I will experience more benefits in time.

3. ItalianMan

ItalianMan Fapstronaut

I'm trying to get used to cold shower in these days. For now I start hot and I end cold for at least 1 minute

rikityrik and Love369 like this.
  4. rikityrik

rikityrik Fapstronaut

That's awesome. I feel like as the temperature drops, it obviously gets harder but the day starts off with a 'significant' accomplishment I would say, if we were to go through the ordeal. That sense of accomplishment early on during the day definitely helps whilst working on my other goals for the rest of the day.

FormerFapaholic and LCKDLE740 like this.
  5. TomMoin

TomMoin Fapstronaut

i stopped after 2 weeks because at some day i felt that i need a warm shower. after that i stopped completly. ofcourse there are benefits. but we never will get used to it. i try to collect willpower in a different way.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

I’ve had cold baths everyday over the past month. With the benefits of what you said there as with having a cold shower, and bathing in freezing cold water for 5-10 mins gives me a spike of energy. Going through the physical discomfort gets me mentally prepared and ready for the day ahead. I swear by it and it’s part of my daily routine/ritual. Another benefit to this, that it’s great for tackling urges and lowers the risk of having wet dreams.

wisdomkaulen and rikityrik like this.
  7. rikityrik

rikityrik Fapstronaut

I say amen to that.

wisdomkaulen and FormerFapaholic like this.
  8. wisdomkaulen

wisdomkaulen Fapstronaut

Yooo you´re a badass dude :D

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  9. Cold Showers!
    It wont work for anyone, cause some people's body is warm, and some people are cold (like me)
    i dont know what is the name of being cold or warm body , but you can see people around you at the same temperature, someone's feet are cold and some others' feet are still warm.
    if you're a cold one, DO NOT TAKE COLD SHOWER IN COLD WEATHER, its really bad for you, cause your body IS COLD for itself.
    cold body people can take fully cold shower at summer heat.

please correct me if there's another word for cold and warm body.

10. TreeGuy

TreeGuy Fapstronaut

how cold is too cold? Ive been trying cold showers every now and then for a week or so, but i really dont like it lol. earlier i had a cold shower, i lasted about 20 seconds, it felt so cold that i couldnt breathe properly, like it felt icy cold, it that too much, or the whole point?

Ultra Zork likes this.